Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

hydraulic control module (abs)

sorry how can i tell? i can send you the vin number. ive been looking in ebay and im confused about the traction control and the (option M224) or locking diff (option M222. need expert help from you

• Admin

Usually the options M222 and M224 are always together. Check the options sticker under your front hood.

You do realize that replacing the ABS controller requires the Durametric software. a Porsche PST2, or PIWIS tester to properly need the ABS circuit?

you mean properly bleed the unit? is it possible to just change the electronic part or i need to change the entire abs pump with module? i can see screws beside the pump but i dont know if i can just inter change them. your input is much appreciated

• Admin

you mean properly bleed the unit? is it possible to just change the electronic part or i need to change the entire abs pump with module? i can see screws beside the pump but i dont know if i can just inter change them. your input is much appreciated

It is all one unit.

I suggest you take the car to a good Porsche shop.

i would if i could loren but the problem here in the Philippines is that its very limited. we have a dealer here but they dont accept cars that are not bought out of there showroom. the shop i went to has the PIWIS is there a thread here that has instructions on how to properly bleed the system using PIWIS or only accredited porsche shops has that? i dont want to burn all that money because its very expensive here for some service. I understand what you are suggesting but im just hoping that with the experience of experts like you i can work hand in hand with the mechs of the shop that has the PIWIS. (if ever they dont know the proper procedure). again thanks for your advice loren.

• Admin

1. Bleed brakes as normal first.

2. Open the right rear brake bleeder valve.

3. Use the PST2 or PIWIS tester to turn on the ABS bleed pump.

4. Wait for bubbles to stop coming out of the right rear bleeder valve.

5. Close the valve.

6. Turn off the ABS bleed pump with the PST2 or PIWIS tester.

7. Check the brake fluid level and top off if needed.

• Upvote 1

hi loren,

this is what i saw in the hood on the options c08, 139 , 249, 288, 340,432, 476, 502, 551, 584, 604, and mu vin number is wpozzz98z1u642866, can you pls help me to determine if i have the traction control? im just confused on the abs module, i am about to order the part, the only thing i notice is that in the dash i have the button that says psm off with the light beside it. thanks bud

• 3 weeks later...

hi loren,

finally installed the part.

1. take out plastic cover inside the bonnet beside the abs pump unit.

2. unscrew the abs module (bosch part) from the source unit (imported part)

3. detached the broken abs module part,

4. installed new module.

5. start the car and erase fault codes.

6. test drive the car.

all is back to normal.

post-43521-029145400 1280240911_thumb.jp