Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door lock mechanism malfunction

I have a 97 Boxster W/O Airbags and I need the door lock mechanism. There seems to be 2 part #'s for this so I want to know if somebody can confirm the 2 part #'s for me so I can be sure to order the right one. I have seen 2 separate sites say "just order it and we will send you the right one" and I am not comfortable with that. PLEASE HELP.

• Admin

Door Lock Mechanism Left- 3B1 837 015 E

Door Lock Mechanism Right- 3B1 837 016 D

I dont think 97's had optionM535 so you should be good to go (Anti-Theft Lock)

LEFT = Drivers Side DOOR Correct??

Those part numbers are for LHD cars - so yes left side door.

Also, these numbers are for MY1997 w/o M535

Door Lock Mechanism Left- 3B1 837 015 E

Door Lock Mechanism Right- 3B1 837 016 D

I dont think 97's had optionM535 so you should be good to go (Anti-Theft Lock)

LEFT = Drivers Side DOOR Correct??

Those part numbers are for LHD cars - so yes left side door.

Also, these numbers are for MY1997 w/o M535

So if I need the Drivers side lock mechanism I need part # 3B1 837 015 E

if your car is not equiped with option M535 (Anti-Theft Lock), correct, that is the part number that you need assuming your car is left hand drive (steering wheel on the left hand side of the vehicle)

Thanks to all. I will look into ordering the correct part. Any suggestions on suppliers for these?

I'm from Texas and get all of my parts here from a local wholesale OEM parts supplier, so im not real sure where to tell you to go. He is cheap though...only paid $90 for my Air Oil Seperator, $20 for a power steering resevior vs the dealers $90, Brand new front rotors cost me $120 for the pair etc. so thats really the only place i have ever ordered parts from. Hard to beat going to a local shop buying parts as cheap as you would ordering them online

I'm from Texas and get all of my parts here from a local wholesale OEM parts supplier, so im not real sure where to tell you to go. He is cheap though...only paid $90 for my Air Oil Seperator, $20 for a power steering resevior vs the dealers $90, Brand new front rotors cost me $120 for the pair etc. so thats really the only place i have ever ordered parts from. Hard to beat going to a local shop buying parts as cheap as you would ordering them online

Roger,

I am in Texas as well. I live in Houston. Where are you at? I would be happy to go with a local parts supplier if I can "purchase local" I will but this part seems to be eluding me.

I am from Fort Worth, this guy is here as well. The name of the place is Steve's Foriegn Car Parts and his number is 817-737-3171. you may try giving him a call and give him the part number that you need. I know some parts are a dealer only part, but if nothing else he could probably send you in the right direction. He may even have the part cheap enough to order and ship it from him. The guy talks about 3 times faster than the actuall speed of sound, but if you can fight through it, it should pay off for you

I am from Fort Worth, this guy is here as well. The name of the place is Steve's Foriegn Car Parts and his number is 817-737-3171. you may try giving him a call and give him the part number that you need. I know some parts are a dealer only part, but if nothing else he could probably send you in the right direction. He may even have the part cheap enough to order and ship it from him. The guy talks about 3 times faster than the actuall speed of sound, but if you can fight through it, it should pay off for you

I left a message for him. Thanks