Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

what should i add/change for coolant temp?

hi

now im using my 06 CS in off -road & trips

but the temp while im driving alwayes get high.. it get back to the normal level when i stop the car not the engine

what can i do to reduce the temp what should i change/add/check to keep the temp normal

my CS is stock..

how high does the coolant temp get (where on your gauge -- in the red)? and what is the outside air temp when this occurs? also, what is your oil temp when this occurs? keep in mind the coolant temp and oil temp on cayenne's are distinctly related to one another -- there is a heat exchanger between the oil and radiator coolant fluid. cooling the oil is the priority.

what you describe may be OK -- at low speeds under load (off-road conditions place significant load on the engine, drivetrain, etc -- overall friction) it's normal for the temp to be higher then when the vehicle is stationary at idle. when idling no load is placed on the vehicle hence it's cooler. low speeds do not force much air through the radiators for cooling. highway speeds do.

Sorry for being late

well here is pic i took it before starting our trip in the middle east

you can see the out side temp hot weather 45 celsius = 113 Fahrenheit and the level of the engine temp 80c (it looks 79c becuase i took the pix from right side)

while driving the engine level it reachs 100c = 212f where the yellow arrow is and the A/C worm not cold

im sure there is something wrong becuase last year the same trip same temp sometimes the engine temp got higher while im using it in off-road in the desert

arround 85c to 90c maximum.. now normal driving on the street reach 100c.

i check the coolant water its full, i chenged the engine oil also the same promblem, i checked the A/C, i checked the fans working fine

"odix Said: keep in mind the coolant temp and oil temp on cayenne's are distinctly related to one another -- there is a heat exchanger between the oil and radiator coolant fluid. cooling the oil is the priority."

i remember the oil when i changed it to Mobile1 10-40 and the radiator water mix normal water with green coolant water...

i dont know if this is right or not.. what do you think or whats the best oil

if you see that everything is fine then what can i add/change as performance parts to solve this problem

Q8

post-47415-071016100 1280348479_thumb.jp

Edited by Q8helper

Seems like your concern is not the higher temps but an inconsistency from this year to last. The vehicle temps you note are all normal and accurately reflect what you are doing with the vehicle. Oil type/viscosity can be adjusted for your high ambient temps but it's all really normal. You may want to forget about all this unless your vehicle truly overheats.

I have an '04 Cayenne S and in the hot summers going up steep hills my coolant and oil temps go way up. Initially I was concerned but then realized, after research and talking to experts, that this is all normal -- Porsche actually allows their gauges to reflect reality. And the reality is slow-speed off-road travel will very much cause your engine and associated support systems to heat up. As long as it's within standard ranges all is well. No worries.

Be sure your coolant is bled -- Cayenne's are self-bleeding so an air-bubble should not be an issue.

Perhaps do nothing for awhile -- continue to have fun (great vehicle you have) and keep us posted. If you overheat (hit the red-zones) then you can consider heavier oil and coolant with a diff boiling point and if you want to go nuts add an additional aux oil or coolant radiator. But I think this would all be overkill.

wvicary: no i never replaced the water pump for 3 years now.

now what i did i just change the oil from Mobile1 0-40 to Mobile1 15-50 for highest hot weather

and i want to change the radiator water but whats the best way for hot weather

normal water only or with hot weather coolant?

if so with hot weather coolant whats the percentage with normal water to be mix for example 50/50 or 25 colaant/75 normal water

Edited by Q8helper