Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Problem with New Posts

Try clearing your cookies and trying again.

I assume you are using the same browser?

Same browser FireFox 3.6.10.

Today got 18 new posts as of 09xx this morning, but have not been on today. Is the post count way down? Your answer to me was not amongst them, Loren. I not having this problem anywhere else. :help:

Try clearing your cookies and trying again.

I assume you are using the same browser?

Same browser FireFox 3.6.10.

Today got 18 new posts as of 09xx this morning, but have not been on today. Is the post count way down? Your answer to me was not amongst them, Loren. I not having this problem anywhere else. :help:

Just tried again and my last post (quoted) showed up. Are unread entries supposed to be bold? None of mine is.

• Admin

XP Pro, Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1

Thanks - I made a few changes to your db record. Please delete cookies for this site, logout and then log back in. Give that a try.

If this does not work then it has to be browser/OS related - tehn I will need to dig up an XP machine.

I thought i posted this already, but maybe I did not hit at add reply button.

When I logged in today I got no new posts since 1:00 PM.. Then I hit Forums and got 10 new posts since 1:00 PM.

Then I followed your instructions and cleared cookies and re-logged in. No new posts, but probably cuz the cookies were tossed.

I did notice in "recently added posts" that there was a posting as early as 9:something this morning.

I'll try later or tomorrow and let you know the results. Thanks.

Edit: OBTW I get two pages of :Active Content" over the past 24 hours.".

Edited by 70Sixter

• Admin

Active Content is all new posts in the last 24 hour period.

View New Content is based on the setting in your My Settings page.

post-1-052400700 1286997870_thumb.png

Default is: Show me all new content since my last visit

You can also try: Show me all new content I have not read

(but that could be a lot!)

Mine is set to show new content since last visit. I only mentioned active content because it works.

Today I had two pages of active content, (44) since about 5:30 PM last nite and only 11 new posts today since 3:49 PM today. It appears something is making my account think I log in when I have not.

Of the active content all were new to me, but some were also on the new content

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Thanks, Loren. I'm not impatient.

Had a page of new posts since 0749 today and a page and a half of active content.. Oddly your posts in this forum do not show up.

Okay - the board has been upgraded and all bug fixes applied.

Give this a try again - best to clear your browser cookies and this board cookies first.

Thanks, Loren. I'm not impatient.

Had a page of new posts since 0749 today and a page and a half of active content.. Oddly your posts in this forum do not show up.

Okay - the board has been upgraded and all bug fixes applied.

Give this a try again - best to clear your browser cookies and this board cookies first.

Haven't cleared cookies yet, but wanted to post this in case they are cookie dependent.

• Your current time: October 28, 2010 - 05:18 PM
  • There have been 7 new posts in 5 topics
  • Total posts in the last 24 hours: 66
  • You have 0 new conversations in your inbox
  • =1"]View New Content · Today's active content

I can assure you I haven't logged on for several days, let alone today at 3:30