Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

aerokit front bumper

currently own an '07 c2s. love the car. when i purchased her, she was sadly laden with a front license plate. In retrospect, i should have demanded the dealer remove the plate and re-spray the bumper. I, however, did not realize there were going to be not 2 holes, but FOUR, and crudely screwed in.

anyhow, to make a long story short, i have 2 choices. have it patched and repainted, or "upgrade" to the aerokit front bumper. I prefer the more aggressive look of the aerokit front end, but am somewhat hesitant as i dont want to jeopardize top dollar upon my trade-in for the next chapter; a gt3 or turbo.

obviosuoly would keep the original front end to be included in the sale. if it is only the cost of the aerokit and paint that i would "lose", then i am all for it. just dont know how minor mods like this affect the overall value of a p-car.

thanks in advance for any insight. have i told you how much i love this car.

I recently traded in my 06 Carrera S for a 2007 Turbo and someone did the same thing to the bumper with 4 screws :censored: . I feel your plight...My bumper has a clear bra which complicates things even more..

I wouldn't be too concerned about a new bumper hurting resale of the car. If you do upgrade just make sure it's a high quality piece. Original Porsche is the best. If you upgrade to the Aero GT3 bumper Porsche suggests that you add the rear wing as well for stabilty. That bumper creates a lot more downforce than the stock item. The rear wing may not be what you want....

You could also have the bumper repaired and add a front lip. They look nice (understated) and are easy to have installed. Atttached is a pic of an S with a CF version of the lip. Lots of companies make them.

Hope this helps

post-7267-096544700 1285774224_thumb.jpg

Edited by phillipj
  • Upvote 1

Just put in some 'Bumper Plugs' until you decide what you're going to do. My 05 997S had the same issue when I bought and I simply put in the plugs until I decided what I wanted for the 'long run'. That was almost 4 years ago and I'm still 'plugged'.

"Time heals all wounds" (and license plate holes)

currently own an '07 c2s. love the car. when i purchased her, she was sadly laden with a front license plate. In retrospect, i should have demanded the dealer remove the plate and re-spray the bumper. I, however, did not realize there were going to be not 2 holes, but FOUR, and crudely screwed in.

anyhow, to make a long story short, i have 2 choices. have it patched and repainted, or "upgrade" to the aerokit front bumper. I prefer the more aggressive look of the aerokit front end, but am somewhat hesitant as i dont want to jeopardize top dollar upon my trade-in for the next chapter; a gt3 or turbo.

obviosuoly would keep the original front end to be included in the sale. if it is only the cost of the aerokit and paint that i would "lose", then i am all for it. just dont know how minor mods like this affect the overall value of a p-car.

thanks in advance for any insight. have i told you how much i love this car.

Edited by AP 997S
  • Upvote 1

two holes i may be able to "overlook"

four makes me insane. thank you both for your replies. i was looking at suncoast porsche online and they sell an original porsche equipment aerokit front end for around 1300 USD. I assume this is good quality.

Phillip, i read the info regarding the necessity for a rear spoiler. not a fan of the look, and i figure at 7 or 8/ tenths i should be okay. not to mention, even my 64 year old mother commented on how much the front end seemed to push when i turned into costco a little too hot.

dont see the picture of the CF lip you are referring to.

toby

of course, as soon as i post the picture appears. looks great. hmmmm

Edited by biopsea

Hey Paul,

I thought of putting in the plugs (esp considering all the good words regarding Eric). However, four holes are just too many.

my other thought was to have the OE bumper re-sprayed, while painting the lower inlets either black or the same color as my wheels (in hopes of creating a very subtle but more aggressive look similar to gt3. could go one step further and add lower lip in same color as inlets. feel like this would be very subtle but look amazing).

thanks guys (and possibly gals) for all your input.

Edited by biopsea

My brother installed them. You could phone Eric with the size

hole and see what he can do.

You can remove the plugs real easy after they are pushed in the holes.

This would give you a fast and not to expensive fix.

There is a dupont kit for filling holes in your bumper. You add tape

to the back of the holes. Then you fill the hole with the sealent. Then

you sand for a long time. Last thing you do is paint, sand, paint clear, and

wax.

Paul

Since mine has the clear bra (which means I'd have to replace it to fix the holes) I just bought a nice Porsche logo to go on the front license plate bracket. It doesn't look bad but I'd rather not have it at all.

Here is another spoiler lip to consider (if you plan on getting the holes fixed but want a different look.)

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Rinspeed/Front-Bumper/Front-add-on-lip-spoiler-for-standard-bumper/533615/

I wonder what kind of idiot would do that to our cars?

Take care!

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...