Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

wiper stalk problem 986

hi, apologies if been covered elsewhere but i have done searches and cant find answer...

i have 986 boxster s 2004

the windscreen washer jets arent working - local garage says the washer motor isnt being activated when the stalk is pulled (no feed to washer jet).

they say its the stalk that is faulty and that i need a new one.

ive looked on the parts catalogue and i think i need part 996.613.215.10 EWC as my car has onboard computer but no cruise control.

the question i have is whether or not i need to get this part, or whether its possible to just buy the basic switch that doesnt have computer or cruise control stalks (which is much cheaper) and take off the wiper stalk and fit it to my vehicle.

also, is if believable that a faulty stalk can be responsible for failure of wash jets when it still activates the wipers when pulled? its only the water that doesnt come out! all other wiper functions work ie intermittent, continuous etc etc.

thanks in advance for your help

The first thing I would try is spraying some electronic cleaner in there. Its amazing stuff. Sometimes just years of dirty air clog the connections. My turn signals stopped working for a while and after a quick squirt or two they returned to life.

Billy,

If you end up having to replace the switch assembly, purchase the four stalk switch. It is less expensive than the three stalk switch. Then search for the cruise control DIY thread and install the cruise control.

Here:

Look at posts #47 and #51. Richard Hamilton is the "go to" guy for any information concerning cruise control or OBC in the UK.

Bill

Edited by whall

If you can hear the pump trying to spray water thru the jets, but no water comes out, then the problem is not the stalk. These cars are known to have a problem whereby the hose that feeds into the washer fluid tank slips off the tank nipple, and thus, when you operate the water jets, no water comes out. This happened to my car. Easy fix- turn your steering wheel to full right so that you have room to undo the rear portion of the left side front wheel well. Once you pull back the wheel well liner and look up into it, you can see the fluid tank. Reconnect the hose to the tank and secure it with a small hose clamp. You will never have that problem again.