Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

has anybody actually upgraded the brakes on our 997.2 c2s's. i heard that the gt3 setup will work. i am just wondering how much work is entailed in such an upgrade? is it worth it or would pads upgrade or rotors upgrade be enough. looking for intellligent opinions.

Perhaps this would would be an option. It's rotors and pads. You didn't say if you had the PCCB's or not.... Even though this is for the GT3 with PCCB's you may want to contact Vivid and see what they have to say..

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/brembo-piece-floating-slotted-front-rotors-pccb-cars-porsche-gt3rs-p-63142.html

Hope this helps.

Do you track your car?

hey phillipj you know my language. same origin? actually brother i agree that the brakes are already very capable, except that in our roads a lot of people are uneducated. running at good highway speeds and a stupid driver just goes into the lane. better brakes will simply give more confidence. happened a number of times at NLEX around 8pm where all the trucks are travelling the highwway to get to manila by 9-no more truck ban.. frustrating

You do not need to change brakes for the reasons you point to. You would only see the benefits of GT3 brakes on heavy track usage if you track your car, and never on the street, and certainly not in the usual panic braking.

you are absolutely making sense adias.. but you know some of us p car owners try to find all the reasons to make our babies more beautiful in our eyes. i believe you and i know i am just trying to find a good reason to ugrade. thanks for bringing me back to the ground brother...but how about better ride and performance that we could feel in the streets rather than on the track. will less unspring weight have that much effect?

hey phillipj you know my language. same origin? actually brother i agree that the brakes are already very capable, except that in our roads a lot of people are uneducated. running at good highway speeds and a stupid driver just goes into the lane. better brakes will simply give more confidence. happened a number of times at NLEX around 8pm where all the trucks are travelling the highwway to get to manila by 9-no more truck ban.. frustrating

I would be looking at pad upgrades instead of full out brake upgrade. The link below is to Pagid. look through their coefficients of friction and decide.

Scott

http://www.pagid-brake-pads.co.uk/products/

Edited by Loren
fixed link

Rick, yes I can speak decent Tagalog. I spent many years for business in Manilla. I love it there. I can't imagine driving a Porsche there though...:rolleyes: I'm sure you k now of some fun places to drive though.

I agree with the Pad idea. If you want a cosmetic change you could always paint your calipers...

Good luck!

Doesn't ABS pretty much "compensate" for additional braking capability...??

The faster the brakes bring the wheel/tire to the point of impending lockup the quicker ABS will activate to begin moderating, modulating, the braking HP.

It would be better to simply find a way to disable ABS unless/until PSM indicates the need for allocation of more front wheel traction to directional control.

I would be looking at pad upgrades instead of full out brake upgrade. The link below is to Pagid. look through their coefficients of friction and decide.

Scott

http://www.pagid-brake-pads.co.uk/products/

Lowering your car will also help with braking.