Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

resource to check durametric codes

• Admin

We post the Pcode or engine/emissions codes since those are the most common.

Fault code 5525

Torque transmission from the DME disturbed at times

Possible cause of fault

- Fault in DME

We have seen this 996TT many times - if you really tromp down on the car and get wheel spin it triggers ABS/PSM and flags a fault. You didn't do that did you? ;) ;)

I have yet to see that there is actually a problem. I would just erase it, drive the car and see if it comes back with "normal" driving.

We post the Pcode or engine/emissions codes since those are the most common.

Fault code 5525

Torque transmission from the DME disturbed at times

Possible cause of fault

- Fault in DME

We have seen this 996TT many times - if you really tromp down on the car and get wheel spin it triggers ABS/PSM and flags a fault. You didn't do that did you? ;) ;)

I have yet to see that there is actually a problem. I would just erase it, drive the car and see if it comes back with "normal" driving.

the code appeared ABS/PSM came up on dash this weekend after starting car that had sat for 2 weeks. i havent spun wheels or abused car outside of limits. I am attempting to check the MAF with a volt meter as suggested from earlier post. I did however flash ECU several months ago, no issues except complete joy on how car runs and performs with ecu. Please tell me i didnt destroy something in the ECU????? I cant clear the code! i tried it with durametric but i didnt respond, will try again. any other ideas? i am concerned. this car has no stored fault codes, 22k miles and is serviced and maintained better than my wife. Please let me know any and all thoughts.

One more thing, what is DME stand for? I am sure it equals $ regardless.

If you look at the top of this page , DIY menu, Glossary, you will found the definition of DME which is Digital Motor Electronics - Porsche's engine management system, the Bosch "Motronic" system, that controls both fuel injection and ignition functions.

Also you cannot "destroy" an ECU only bad programming can happen.... Are you using Durametric version 6 ? Remember it is a beta and some functions are not working.....

Edited by jpflip

I dont know what Durametric i am using, just arrived today it is enthusiast version as suggested on a earlier post. I cant clear code, dont know why perhaps i am not doing it correctly. should i disconnect negative battery terminal? i have radio code. any thoughts on still testing MAF as someone mentioned earlier? I now have code, eventhough i dont know what to do with it. I dont think ECU flash is issue, it would have shown prior to this and car seems to be running/idiling fine. I havent gone on road since code appeared as i thought it meant brakes werent going to work.

any thoughts on how to remove code? I want to drive after code is removed to see if Loren's insight is correct.

• Admin

I doubt there is any problem with your ECU. As jpflip says you might want to go back to version 5.x of Durametric - you should be able to erase/clear the code.

The wheel slip and ABS/PSM error can also occur on wet roads or sand/dirt that allows wheel slip.

As I said before I've have seen this code on numerous 996TT's and there is yet to be any real problem.

I don't know about the Durametric, but with a PST2/PIWIS you can check the brake light contacts in the DME Input Signals. There are two sets of contacts in the switch - one normally open, and one normally closed. Just checking that the brake lights are working isn't enough.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

Man, i am not loving the durametric. I want to erase the code that i orignally posted and Durametric seems lost to help me when i call for assistance. I dont think anything is wrong with car, i think it slipped on some card board in my garage when i parked it and i let it sit for two weeks, started it and the code appeared. I am considering clearing the code by removing the neg battery cable, driving car and then seeing what happens. I have downloaded both 5.0- and 6.0 to my laptop, not sure how to choose on or the other when running diagnostic but I CANT GET THIS CODE OFF!! read about brake light being open or closed? not sure what any of that means or how it applys to this issue but willing to try anything at this point rather than take to Dealer and pay. for those who responded thankyou, i dont think i am savy enought to interpert advice.

thank you loren, i live in pleasant hill, East Bay. The issue is regarding clearing is that the problem isnt gone according to durametric. It wont clear because what ever is going on is still a issue, eventhough nothing has happened to car and as you mentioned it is proably because car slipped or spun wheels, still a mystery why is happened after sitting for 2 weeks. I would come up on sunday if you dont thinking driving with this code is a issue. let me know if your available as i truly appreciate your help and would love for you to see my car and let me know what you think of it.

thank you again.