Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi, I am in the market now for a 997-2 C4S with PDK. I have never been a Porsche owner before, nor anything like it, so I'm a bit new to the whole scene and I'm hoping you guys can answer some of my questions as I get my feet wet. From my research, it seems like a gently used one is usually listed at around the $105k mark, which is a significant savings over a brand new one. First off, I'm wondering if it's reasonable for me to aim for around $95k...do those used dealers have around 10% wiggle room? Or how much if not? If I can find one for that price, I'd probably pull the trigger right away.

Of course, my criteria is already pretty specific, sort of borne out my desire for AWD, the styling of the S, and wish for PDK as it will be a daily driver. It seems like manual is more common and searching for PDK is tougher. Honestly, I'm not sure where to search, which brings me to my second question...where are the best places to search and what resources do I have?

Finally, I have noticed a much larger selection in the US just looking on autotrader, but I'm not sure what special considerations there are for importing a 911. Plus it seems like the taxes+fees once stacked up negate any savings of buying in the US. I bought my S2000 new in 2007 and imported that from the US myself, so I am comfortable with the process.

Any help/direction is appreciated!

PS. I live in Canada.

My 2002 Targa was originally a US car but the previous owner imported it to Canada. Apparently it was pretty easy. The digital portion of the speedometer can be switched from mph to kph using the onboard controls, and adding daytime running lights was pretty straightforward. Of course this was for a 996 not 997.

I was originally looking at importing one myself, and the most common advice is make sure you get a pre-purchase inspection on any car you are seriously looking at. If the seller doesn't co-operate then just walk away. .

Hi, I am in the market now for a 997-2 C4S with PDK. I have never been a Porsche owner before, nor anything like it, so I'm a bit new to the whole scene and I'm hoping you guys can answer some of my questions as I get my feet wet. From my research, it seems like a gently used one is usually listed at around the $105k mark, which is a significant savings over a brand new one. First off, I'm wondering if it's reasonable for me to aim for around $95k...do those used dealers have around 10% wiggle room? Or how much if not? If I can find one for that price, I'd probably pull the trigger right away.

Of course, my criteria is already pretty specific, sort of borne out my desire for AWD, the styling of the S, and wish for PDK as it will be a daily driver. It seems like manual is more common and searching for PDK is tougher. Honestly, I'm not sure where to search, which brings me to my second question...where are the best places to search and what resources do I have?

Finally, I have noticed a much larger selection in the US just looking on autotrader, but I'm not sure what special considerations there are for importing a 911. Plus it seems like the taxes+fees once stacked up negate any savings of buying in the US. I bought my S2000 new in 2007 and imported that from the US myself, so I am comfortable with the process.

Any help/direction is appreciated!

PS. I live in Canada.

Online..any US factory authorized sales agent, PU at factory....

Newer 997's have a REAL front drive clutch, DFI, and variable volume lubricating oil pump.

Edited by wwest

Online..any US factory authorized sales agent, PU at factory....

Newer 997's have a REAL front drive clutch, DFI, and variable volume lubricating oil pump.

I've already decided on a gen2 which is why I am in this forum...I am looking specifically for resources on where to look for a used one. I haven't found a thing in Canada looking on autotrader.ca and kijiji. Visited Weissach in Vancouver and they didn't have anything either..