Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche Emblem .apn file car head unit background display

Hi, there. I spent some time investigating the .apn file as I had never heard of it. It is a proprietary file format used by Alpine (but you probably already know that). I could not find any file converters. Apparently, it has a complex file structure. Read this link to have an idea of some of the complications.

http://forum.ecousti...s/4/200512.html

If you happen to find a converter, try this file.

Good luck!

Dan

post-2300-0-01997100-1291500510_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found one for an Alpine W203. It is a black background and has the colored Porsche emblem in the bottom third which shows through fine (below the text when listening to the radio/CD/ipod.

I found four .apns although I can't remember which is the Porsche emblem. I attempted to attach the .apns with this posting but it will not allow me to upload them so send me a PM and I'll email them to you.You will have to put all four on a disc and load onto your Alpine, I seem to recall that you can only have one loaded at a time.

Regards,

Doug

I found one for an Alpine W203. It is a black background and has the colored Porsche emblem in the bottom third which shows through fine (below the text when listening to the radio/CD/ipod.

I found four .apns although I can't remember which is the Porsche emblem. I attempted to attach the .apns with this posting but it will not allow me to upload them so send me a PM and I'll email them to you.You will have to put all four on a disc and load onto your Alpine, I seem to recall that you can only have one loaded at a time.

Regards,

Doug

Dcardy, unfortunately it didn't work but really I should of known already. Get this, the IXA-W407 ("digital media stations") apparently uses bitmap .bmp files although everything I read was all about .apn files. When I couldn't get the .apn file to work, I went to ipersonalize site to download their images for the W407, and it was actually a .bmp file which easily loaded to my W407. Did a quick glance at the images for "digital media receivers" and "AV heat units" on ipersonalize and they used .apn files. Figured all units would use the same .apn file.

Cyclocross - I saved your image in the .bmp file and will try to load it tomorrow and update in case anyone else is interested. If the W407 allows any .bmp file to load it'll be easy to add different images but there is probably some special coding within the file I don't know about.

Edited by OU Targa

• 8 months later...