Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Central Locking Synchronization

Hi everyone, Great site, lots of great info. Thanks to everyone!

I have a 1999 Boxster.

The doors will NOT unlock with the remote.

The windows lower when opening and closing doors.

I replaced the drivers side DLM, a few days ago because the window was NOT lowering. I thought it may fix the door unlocking issue, but it has not.

When I attempt to unlock the doors via remote, I get two beeps, and the doors lock. I hear all the servos running, it sounds like doors are unlocking then locking again.

I hooked up the Durametric and get codes 46 and 47, both say Central Lock Synchronization.

I can't find any OBD codes that relate to alarm/keyless entry. The only codes I can see to find anywhere are the Engine codes.

Can anyone please help with knowledge or codes or where to start looking?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 761

Thanks Loren!

Do you think I should try and replace the passenger side DLM? Or is there another step I could take before

a) buying the DLM and installing it

B) trying to tear the whole car apart looking for a short?

• Admin

If there is a short it is likely in the door near the lock or window mechanism (perhaps someone replaced the regulator and pinched something.

Someone with a PST2 or PIWIS tester might be able to narrow it down more by running the door lock tests and the switch closure tests on the tester.

• Upvote 1

Thanks again Loren!

Anyone have a PST2 or PIWIS that I could hook in to?

In Los Angeles?

I'm also driving up to San Francisco in two weeks???

Thanks

If there is a short it is likely in the door near the lock or window mechanism (perhaps someone replaced the regulator and pinched something.

Someone with a PST2 or PIWIS tester might be able to narrow it down more by running the door lock tests and the switch closure tests on the tester.