Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997 gauge cluster wiring

Hello,

After a bit of leeching I decided that I would finally make an account here, in order to ask a question myself instead of reading answers to those of others. :)

I managed to get my hands on a 997 gauge cluster. From what I can gather it is a replacement cluster that hasn't actually been used yet, and a label leads me to believe it was made and/or certified as recent as February '09 (the guy I got it from does not know for sure where he got it from so it's all a bit hazy). Contrary to what most of you want to do with stuff like this, I intend to use this as a dashboard for my other hobby, a simracing rig - the wheel and pedals are already Porsche-branded so I figured a Porsche dash would be a nice finish. There's a ton of stuff out there to connect the tacho and speedo, and I intend to also hook up the other gauges and possibly even lights. Now, I considered the possibility of ripping out the internal PCBs and replacing it with some DIY stuff, but since these modern clusters are so complicated and extensively digitally operated I figured that the hassle would bring way more trouble than it needed to be. The obvious alternative is to figure out the wiring on the large blue 32-pin connector.

Long story short, I'm looking for a pinout or a wiring diagram for this cluster that will help me in my quest. I looked around and found this topic that deals with pretty much the same kind of cluster that I have (the main differences are that mine is metric and has gear indicators for a PDK), i.e. this blue plug is what I'm looking to find the pinout for. The part number of the cluster is 997.641.314.03, if that helps.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could supply me this information. If the trouble one needs to go through warrants a Contributing Member I have no problem with donating to this website. I'm just holding back for the moment since I would like a guarantee that I get something in return I can actually use. ;) So, if anyone can help me out with this, please let me know to make me donate so that you can send me the necessary documents. :)

Jelco

Edited by jelco

• Admin

:welcome:

That cluster is from a MY09 997-2 (Canada version) car with silver colored dials and is for a PDK car.

The only place you are going to find a wiring diagram on the 997-2 cars is in a Porsche PIWIS tester or perhaps at Porsche TSI (download Porsche service manual (parts) for a per unit cost).

Thanks for the info, I will have a look. :) Didn't start well though - a quick PIWIS payment of 10 euros resulted in 20 being charged on my credit card; not exactly the best way to grow customer confidence...

It also turns out that I can't actually search for a general '09 997-2 wiring diagram (which makes sense) but there's quite a selection of cars of that generation and I'm sure they don't all have the exact same cluster. In addition to that there's several cars that are available both with PDK and manual transmission so I'm wondering if the wiring diagram will match my cluster. Searching for the part number doesn't seem to work either.

8 bucks isn't a huge deal for a wiring diagram but I'd rather not pay for 10 of those just to find the correct one. Any chance you could point me in the right direction on how to find the diagram I'm looking for?

Jelco