Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Trunk Issues/locking issues Anyone please help

I am sorry for being a pain in the *** but I am having two issues 2002 996 . The first is that is that when I lock the car the car locks both doors but when I go to unlock it the passenger side door does not unlock and if I don't put the key in the ignition with in a few seconds the alarm goes off thinking the car is getting broken into. The lock button functions when i shut the doors with no problem .I tried to to turn the key to the left twice to unlock it but had no luck as the lock only opens on the driver's side. The second problem seems to be that the front trunk/hooddoes not open when i press the button and even if I use the jump start procedure it does nothing at all. I tried pulling out the red like fuse thing for the trunk and reset but it still didnt do anything. This happened once before and after about hour or so of sitting i pressed the release button and it popped open like it should. I should mention that I have a remote key but its not functional

Any ideas on any of my problems