Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

fix the top not going into channels

ok its very simple all u need is 4 zip ties

i work at a shop and been fixing boxster tops for years this way works every time never had one come back lol

open the top half way

removal the headliner 2 velcro straps

make sure the straps are screwed in lol (ok i know they strech out and this is the fix) :)

take one zip tie and push it into the small hole on the plastic runner that the top is sowen onto there is a hole already were the plastic square pushes 2 the frame of the top and zip tie the top down 2 the frame very tight

ok now try the top lol still not fixed right

take another zip tie and put threw the top circle strap is elstice and zip tie it threw the other zip tie already installed!!!!! and pull tight

i sware 2 u that the top is tight and working now :)

repeat on the other side

sorry about spelling haha

• Admin

ok its very simple all u need is 4 zip ties

i work at a shop and been fixing boxster tops for years this way works every time never had one come back lol

open the top half way

removal the headliner 2 velcro straps

make sure the straps are screwed in lol (ok i know they strech out and this is the fix) :)

take one zip tie and push it into the small hole on the plastic runner that the top is sowen onto there is a hole already were the plastic square pushes 2 the frame of the top and zip tie the top down 2 the frame very tight

ok now try the top lol still not fixed right

take another zip tie and put threw the top circle strap is elstice and zip tie it threw the other zip tie already installed!!!!! and pull tight

i sware 2 u that the top is tight and working now :)

repeat on the other side

sorry about spelling haha

:welcome:

What model year and car are these instructions for?

• 5 years later...

Thanks clellee3 for this tip!

I've got a 2010 Boxster that needed this. I found various other fixes (including unscrewing the screw and pulling the elastic strap tighter using an existing hole — And replacing the elastic by sewing in another piece). I can tell you that there is almost no room to work without taking a bunch of other things apart. I had to do this 1 handed and so I placed a small LED headlamp in the cavity because it's super hard to see anything as the Boxster top does of good job of blocking out all light. I did the project slightly different though. I ran the zip tie through rear most (reachable ) hole in the elastic, then ran the other end through a hole 5 spaces further. I zipped the tie to about the size of a half dollar and then tested the tension to see if it would track. It did, so I snipped the end off and repeated the process. Good luck to all!

• 1 year later...

Update. This zip tie fix worked well for about a year. I had to tighten the zip strips once. WARNING: Be careful not to over tighten. I did on my passenger side and the elastic ripped off the canvas flap that attaches to the roof. I thought, not a problem, I'll just sew it back on. In doing so a cord became disconnected from a neighboring part. I reconnected that. When I closed the roof, there was a big "bump" sticking out. I'm not sure what it is and how to fix it. It's messed with it for an hour and got everything looking 95% right with the top closed. It's winter here now so I don't take the top down but this spring, I'll have another go at it and might have to take it into the shop to make sure I didn't break anything. Just wanted to give you guys a headsup.