Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anyone tested the goLink app for iPhone?

I've seen the posting about it but no feedback. I'd love to hear from Loren or someone about how this works.

My link

The GL1 software is free but you need to buy the cable. Does the software just read OBDII codes or will it do airbags, etc.?

I should have an iPad2 soon. Is this cable unique to iPad? It doesn't look like USB2.

i looked into it and saw that some of the reviews were not that good. As a mac user, i ended up getting movi by yhasi and am very happy with it.

I checked out the Movi website. It seems nifty for the OBD2 functions. I see it states it does not do the other Porsche stuff like reset the airbags. Good to know of this alternative. Unfortunately, I need to reset my airbags.

I use GoLINK, ReadyLINK & CARbonga with my iPhone 3GS (& the GL1 cable obviously). I haven't had any codes on my boxster s yet, so I don't know how good it is at that job! When I emailed GoPoint, they stated that the codes are generic OBD2. CARbonga recognizes the type of car & scans for any service bulletins & recalls on your model (01 986S had one recall & seven bulletins). ReadyLINK looks purely for codes, whilst GoLINK displays lots of OBD2 data as well.

1. engine load,

2. throttle position,

3. inlet temp,

4. coolant temp,

5. RPM,

6. speed (6km/h less than speedo!), 7. long & short term fuel trim,

8. oxygen sensors (pre & post cat),

9. kms driven with MIL light,

10. MPG.

I think that's it from memory, the cool function is that it syncs the data to your "garage" at Fuzzy Luke, so you can look for trends over time.

BTW, I have nothing to do with GoPoint, just a user & I've been emailing them to work with Durametric. I'd love to have the Durametric program on my iPhone! Unfortunately they don't think that there's a big enough market for Porsche driving iPhone nuts.

I checked out the Movi website. It seems nifty for the OBD2 functions. I see it states it does not do the other Porsche stuff like reset the airbags. Good to know of this alternative. Unfortunately, I need to reset my airbags.

if you need to reset the airbag light, you might need a Porsche specific reader/software like durametric, PIWIS or PST2. If you get durametric, you'll need to run it under emulation or bootcamp.

BTW, I have nothing to do with GoPoint, just a user & I've been emailing them to work with Durametric. I'd love to have the Durametric program on my iPhone! Unfortunately they don't think that there's a big enough market for Porsche driving iPhone nuts.

if only you could get durametric to make a native OSX version, i'd be all over it!

Email Durametric & hassle them for some Apple love :). I have. If they get enough requests they might see the light.

Also, GoPoint are upgrading the GoLINK cable (GL-2) to do more things? I am keen to see what it does.

Email Durametric & hassle them for some Apple love :). I have. If they get enough requests they might see the light.

I did. I assume you got the same generic "we're working on it" answer with no definite timeframe on when it will be available. :-)