Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Looking to install this Bluetooth on my 06

So I have been looking around and I found a company that sells what seems to be a VERY straight forward unit, which should Bluetooth enable my PCM 2.1

I am just curious if anyone else has had any experience with this device:

Viseeo Mosto MO-S1-B for Porche

http://smartworldcompany.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=68&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

I was also provided installation instructions that seemed sparse to say the least...but what can you say when its only 3 connections (Power / Fibre / Microphone). I recently discovered Pandora Radio on my HTC Shift and would also love to use my phone as my music source. Apparently this thing does it all!!

Thoughts or experience would be very appreciated.

The website is odd. It states that it will only work on PCM 2.0 and 2.1 but not the PCM 3.0 which I think is what the are showing in their pics. I wonder if you need to have the telephone module active for this to work?

The Porsche telephone module is the transmitter/receiver module. Since this is a BlueTooth device, your BlueTooth enabled cell phone should work as the transmitter/receiver. WAG - it will work, but more details from the vendor would certainly help clear that up. One of the photos in the large group photo is of a PCM 2.1..

I communicated with the dealer and they indicated that the phone module need not be activated for their device to work with the PCM, including its use of the steering wheel controls. Is it me or does this seem to good to be true? Phone and iPod type functionality at a reasonable cost?

Most other solutions I have seen are way more complicated, including losing the use of the CD changer. The seller also offers a money back guarantee. They sell through eBay and ship from the UK.

I'm not sure it qualifies as iPod sort of capabilities. It appears it will play music stored on your phone. That's not where I keep my music, and I saw nothing to indicate that you could control the music using this device and the PCM.. For just a BlueTooth phone it looks interesting.

To me it looks like they take a Mobridge device and rebox it and sell it under their name. If it is a Mobridge then it should work fine. With the Mobridge out there 100% sucessful I am wondering for about the same price why you would try a device with a name nobody has ever heard of? The plug locations/connections on the back are in exactly the same place as on the Mobridge. I would say they bought a Mobridge copied the circuit board and put a plastic case on it instead of the aluminum one the Mobridge comes in.

Edited by hahnmgh63

So I was just told that the CD changer cannot co-exist with the Bluetooth stereo input. Can someone explain how to disable the CD changer so that I can use my phones Bluetooth capabilities to play music? Thanks!

• 2 months later...