Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Door alignment issue

It seems that both driver and passenger doors were removed to repaint my car prior to me owning it. Now I have noticed that respectively the corner of the windows of the doors drop the 10mm but rub the back windows. So i did alittle investing and noticed that the doors on ball sides are not lining up. If I pill the handle to open the door I can pull up north/south and feel the door going up and down . If I pull handle which entail pulls the door up about 2-3 inches the window does not rub on the rear window and the door closes with out a problem so I need to know where I can adjust or tighten to make the door line up

• Admin

Are you sure it is the doors and not the window alignment?

How do the gaps between the front fender look top to bottom and side to side?

How does the gap between the rear quarter panel and door line up?

If those look good and equal then the problem is in the window alignment.

The black molding at the bottom of the window on the door and the rear window do not line up.. If I pull of the the doors themselves no problem closing the door or rubbing. The doors seem to be dipping down... Is there a way to tighten the door hinge.. The part of the hinge that has a torx screw which is visible its nice in tight, but I have a feeling that whatever is inside the door is out of alignment, any info on that. When I bought the car the guy said the doors needed to be lined up better. I would if it was just one side it might be the window but I think my thought is pretty on the spot that its the door not the window. The doors look like the are open ajar, the gaps are a bit more then need be, I would I could take a picture but its too late here and dark to take one

Are you sure it is the doors and not the window alignment?

How do the gaps between the front fender look top to bottom and side to side?

How does the gap between the rear quarter panel and door line up?

If those look good and equal then the problem is in the window alignment.

Edited by clb0099

• Admin

Body gap dimensions for MY2002 and newer

post-1-0-98594900-1315143720_thumb.png

post-1-0-11022900-1315143725_thumb.png

Setting the door

post-1-0-90188200-1315143862_thumb.png

Setting the door at front

Undo fastening screw 1. Set the contour in relation to the wing and the side member by shifting the angle pieces 3 in their vertical and horizontal positions. (see body gap dimensions)

The setting range can be extended by removing the centering sleeve 2. Tightening torque: 17 ftlb.

Setting the door at rear

Undo fastening screw 4. Set the contour in relation to the rear wing and the side member by shifting the latch striker 5 in its vertical and horizontal position. (see body gap dimensions)

Tightening torque: 17 ftlb.