Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hollow spoke Turbo 1wheels

Has anyone seen a rear wheel with two sets of numbers on the back?

993.362.138.00 9jx18-ET52

993.362.140.01. 10jx18-ET65

These are wheels I have found on CL, and they are supposedly stamped with both sets of numbers.

Waiting for pics of the backsides to confirm.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

• Admin

That is normal as the other numbers (besides the part numbers) are the size and wheel offset.

These are Turbo I Porsche 18" wheels.

The rear wheels at 10 x 18 65 mm offset are fine.

The front wheels are actually Boxster rear wheels 9 x 18 x 52 mm offset.

These may fit - but a 9" wheel is likely going to be a problem in the front. The stock wheel width in the front is 7.5 inches. I have seen people use up to 8.5 inches wheels in front with some rubbing on tight radius turns. This may be worse with some tire brands than others. A safer bet is a 8" front wheel and up to a 245 x 18 tire.

• Admin

9 x 18 are too narrow for a 996. Ask me how I know - I tried it once. The car could be spun on a low turn if you hit the gas too early.

I really don't think you want the 9 x 18 on the rear of a 996.

If you drop down to 17 inch wheels those would be okay for winter driving. Porsche specs 7 x 17 offset 55 mm for fronts and 9 x 17 offset 55 for the rears for winter/chain use.

The numbers I am giving you come straight from the Porsche TSB "Summer Wheels and Tires" - TSBs are available here to all Contributing Members.

Loren, I don't mean to hijack, but I have the same wheels that were a factory option on my MY 2000 C2 Cab. My front wheels are the same as above (7.5x18- ET50), but my rear wheels are 9x18ET 52, which you indicated were Boxster wheels. The rear tire size is 265/35 ZR18, which matches the TSB you alluded to. The TSB doesn't show an 18 inch wheel of 9 inches, so I'm kind of confused about this. My car had one previous owner, who was meticulous about having it dealer maintained, so I doubt that she would have changed the wheels on her own. Is my set-up safe - 10 inch tires on 9 inch wheels? How can I find out more about this, considering I firmly believe that these were the original wheels that came from the factory?