Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My 06 C2S with 50,000 miles developed the following problem recently.

After a night on the garage I put the key on the Acc to check

The oil level, and oil pressure goes up to 2, then I start the car

And the oil pressure drops and a oil pressure warning comes up on the screen

And the check engine light turns on. After this I turn the car off and I put the key

On the acc again, then I get the same oil presure, but this time when I turn the car on

The pressure goes up to 5psi and stays there until the car warms up. After that the car

Will start ok until it cools off again. I have a durometric scanner and it shows no faults in memory.

After this cold startup ritual the car works fine and shows no problem sign.

Tomorrow I will clean the MAF and change the oil(is not due, But worth the try). Any additional ideas or recomendations

• Moderators

At the same time i would replace the oil Pressure sensor, they are often a source of annoyance. You can find, and clear, the codes on oil pressure, brake fluid level, etc. in the menu "Combi Instrument" (instrument cluster) if available on Durametric, if not use a PIWIS.

Ok guys I changed the oil with Mobil1 0w40 and the car is working fine now. On the last

Oil change my shop was out of 0w40 and they put 20w50 and it worked fine for 6 months

But after that the oil pump was starting to have problems pumping it in the mornings. Note

That one of the reasons I was not concern at the time was that I live in PR and the temperature

Never goes below 75 degress (F) during the winter and in the summer it gets in the 100 degrees

(F). But I guess that at 50,000 miles on these engines they still have like new internal tolerances.