Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Suspension Light On, Unable to raise or lower height

Hi guys,

The Air Suspension warning light came on when driving the other day. Fault code on the PIWIS was 1772. Replaced with a new compressor but light still came on.

Checked with PIWIS again and fault codes now were 1437- Control Position Not Learned and 1400- Control Position Not Adjustable. Tried to perform calibration but vehicle was unable to raise or lower at all, so calibration was not successful. Any ideas guys??

Could it be the valve block??

• 4 months later...

Basically i have the same problem , i jacked my car (2004 cayenne S) up with out turning of the air suspension & it seems to ride with the back right an inch(maybe 2) higher than the rest of the car.

so.... i am now attempting to do calibrate my suspension with the Durametric tool (6.204 software)

During the calibration process the car lowers its self then will not raise & the compressor will not engage to raise the vehicle and error code 1437 shows up & the Durametric says "conditions not met".

i have tried with the engine off & on

Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Dim

Edited by roach2012

I am also getting "Abort; test step condition not met" when trying to calibrate cayenne suspension with PST2. Doors are closed, engine is on, parking brake is set, and car goes down to low and up to normal positions. What's missing?

Problem solved. It looked like the rear of the car was quite a bit higher than the front, so I thought maybe the front height value (whcih you input first in the calibration process) was implausibly low. So I added 10mm to the value I was trying to input, and it took it! I did the smae with the right front (added 10mm). For the rears I put in the actual values, and it swallowed it and readjusted the car to look much more level. Now I will try calibrating again using gthe actual measurements.

After several iterations, with a short drive in between, was able to get everything leveled out and calibrated. Front height measurement did not tolerate any number less than 180 mm, as I recall.

mine still will not rise during the calibration test.

but i do get an error 2250

my front values are 190 mm and rear are 237 mm, you are saying i should enter the front as 200 mm ?

Edited by roach2012

• 2 months later...

Update:

My issue was the back pressure retaining valve located directly on the shock where the air hose connects, it had seized up & essentially became a one way valve trapping the max pressure in the cylinder at all ride height settings (made one corner 1" higher than any other & the car cornered like crap).

Easy to diagnose if you have the same symptoms.

1) place jack under suspected corner

2) remove pannel covering the compressor & valve body

3) unscrew the suspected line to that corner, they are labelled on the valve body & if the air hissed only for a second (or 20) & the corner doesnt lower on to the jack then its likely that your valve is bad

replacing it is slightly more complicated

• 3 months later...

justin_vspec, did you ever figure yours out? A friend had the same problem with his after he installed the rebuild kit and we did all of the checks, connections, leaks, sensors but nothing so I pulled off the side of his compressor and he had installed the compressor (rubber) ring backwards. There is a little notch in the ring groove on the piston and if you install the rubber ring wrong it will pinch it and it won't build pressure (compress).