Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Please Help! Arm rest/console upper lid stuck, won't open

Hi Everybody! I did a short forum search and did not find anyone with this trouble. I have also searched for pictures of an open lid but have not found one. Maybe you could post a pic of your open lid's latch mechanism?

If you have a way to open the upper lid on the center console please let me know! I have tried slipping a metal ruler in there to make sure no papers are lodged in the latch, and it seems clear from what I can see by shining a light in there. Any ideas? My Glock is in there and I'm going to need it pretty soon!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Tim in Ft Worth

Working4it..

PM's may be nice - but they do not add to the community knowledge, so someone looking for this info in the future is out of luck unless they happen to attract your attention.

Just a thought. This sort of forum seems to work best when info is shared among the entire community.

wow......I think if you read anything I post I always try to share it openly....

The problem is...the size of the file is too large to post and I don't have adobe professional at home to cut/resave and upload. He seemed like he needed help and I was trying to help.

I found this link on Rennlist with the same material I sent ignited...

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-armrest-1.pdf

Edited by working4it

Thanks to working4it I got the emergency stop gap release instruction in time to liberate my baby! I did tell him I would definitely do a followup so everyone would know what the problem was and how to fix it. So here goes...it was the latch surround in the upper compartment that was popping out and let the hinge pin drop out of place!! The surround is the little rectangular frame that holds the latch in place. A dab of glue behind this frame keeps it in place now and everthing went back together fine. I have pics but don't have a host url to post them. I might need a refresher tutorial on posting pics...I know I've done it in other posts here.

Edited by Ignited