Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

airbag warning light...please help....

hallo everybody.....i have a airbag warning light on and the fault is 'sensor for airbag(driver's side,front)"....anybody have this experienced????does anyone know where the sensor is????it's the sensor under the seat????i have remove the seat and see but i can't get it????any idea???please help me...thanks....=)

hallo everybody.....i have a airbag warning light on and the fault is 'sensor for airbag(driver's side,front)"....anybody have this experienced????does anyone know where the sensor is????it's the sensor under the seat????i have remove the seat and see but i can't get it????any idea???please help me...thanks....=)

my cayenne is 2006 one...thanks.,,,=)

loren,the piwis tester will tell us where is the sensor location is???i have use the piwis tester to diagnose and the the 'sensor for airbag(driver's side,front)',this is the code i get and i don't where the sensor location is.....i have found some info say that the sensor is under the seat....but i can't get it.....should u know where the sensor is????please help....thankss....=)

loren,the piwis tester will tell us where is the sensor location is???i have use the piwis tester to diagnose and the the 'sensor for airbag(driver's side,front)',this is the code i get and i don't where the sensor location is.....i have found some info say that the sensor is under the seat....but i can't get it.....should u know where the sensor is????please help....thankss....=)

the fault code is 'p1221 sensor for airbag(driver's side,front)

• Admin

Fault code 1221 Airbag sensor (front driver's side)

Possible cause of fault

- Implausible signal (incorrect airbag sensor installed)

- Open circuit (with respect to wiring between airbag trigger unit and airbag sensor or airbag sensor itself)

- Electrical fault in electric circuit (with respect to wiring between airbag trigger unit and airbag sensor; probably short circuit to positive or short circuit to ground in wiring)

- Faulty (airbag sensor faulty)

- Airbag trigger unit faulty

Note: The contact plugs on the wiring harness are identical for the six sensors which are installed. Only the retainers for mounting are different.

The airbag sensors under the driver's seat and passenger seat have a threaded retainer but all the other sensors have only a non-threaded bush. It is therefore possible to confuse the sensors on the rear wheel arches with the sensors on the lock support. If these are mixed up accidentally, the PST2 (or PIWIS) will display this fault code along with the fault type 'implausible signal'.

It is therefore always important to ensure that the correct sensors are installed at the correct position. The main reason for this is that different levels of sensitivity are set for the different sensors.