Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone know if I can throw on a Porsche Turbo Bumper on a C4?

Ive never liked the current bumper on this 2000 C4 I have and found a guy who is selling a Turbo Front bumper. He's willing to off it for a $400 is that a good deal?

Also would it be a straight bolt on or will there be some modifications that will be needing to mount this onto my car? Its just the bumper so will I need to underpanel? ducts? etc.....

Thanks in advance.

J5

Thanks Loren.....I did a search but must have entered in the wrong tags. Sorry.

From what Im reading it appears it should fit with modification to the front re-enforcement beam. other than that everything should mount up from what Im reading. Oh and the brackets that are needed to mount the bottom? Am I reading that right?

Anyone on here in California who has done this I can talk to????

For best results you will need turbo air ducts and the metal bumper re-enforcement will need to be cut. The rest is just proper adjustment.

Yea from reading those threads it sounds like its mainly the re-enforcement bar needing to get trimmed and some additional brackets. Do the air ducts line up correctly? Also just out of curiosity will a turbo re-enforcement bar mount up to a non turbo front end? Just wondering if that is another option.

I just realized that the 2000 Porsche Carrera headlights and 2002 Porsche Turbo headlights are different? Can someone confirm that? I have a guy Im supposed to meet up with tomorrow to purchase his 02 Turbo bumper.

2000 996 NA:

PICT01261209263024.jpg

2002 996 TT:

38415d1160277407-fs-2002-porsche-996tt-stage-2-515hp-hpim0498.jpg

Thanks for the pictures I noticed that online when I was doing searches......Hope Don can shed some light on this as I understand the re-enforcement and additional brackets but what did he do about the lights? I dont believe he changed those out unless he trimed the turbo bumper to work????

• Admin

Sorry, I missed your model year the first time.

The Turbo is a Mk 2 style bumper and will only directly fit on MY2002 and newer 996s. If you want the factory look then you would also need to change out the front fenders and headlights (including some re-wiring).

Another common option is to use the MAShaw after-market turbo-look bumper - it bolts up to the older chassis/fenders with no other work.

This is a huge can of worms.

There are a couple people that have done pre 2002 model year face lifts (making a 1998-2001 cars front end look like a 2002+ NA or turbo car's front end), but it does involve a signifigant amount of more work and money than just swapping out the front bumper, the headlights being different are just one of the challenges (and no you would not "trim" the bumper where the headlights go, you would need to actually buy the new headlights, fender, paint, wiring, supports, etc. etc, etc. etc. ).

Best options to keep your life simple, unless you are up for a huge challenge:

• Buy a bumper that fits your model year car (same style headlights are the clue).
  • Buy an aftermarket kit that was intended for your model year car, and provides the look you are after.

Edited by logray

This is a huge can of worms.

There are a couple people that have done pre 2002 model year face lifts (making a 1998-2001 cars front end look like a 2002+ NA or turbo car's front end), but it does involve a signifigant amount of more work and money than just swapping out the front bumper, the headlights being different are just one of the challenges (and no you would not "trim" the bumper where the headlights go, you would need to actually buy the new headlights, fender, paint, wiring, supports, etc. etc, etc. etc. ).

Best options to keep your life simple, unless you are up for a huge challenge:

• Buy a bumper that fits your model year car (same style headlights are the clue).
  • Buy an aftermarket kit that was intended for your model year car, and provides the look you are after.

I forgot about the lights and forgot about the change in front on the newer 996's. My mistake!!! After looking at everything its going to be more of a headache and probably more costly than buying an aftermarket so Im just going to end up going that route. I got to many projects going on and Im definitely not up to taking this one on!

Thanks for your input!

Sorry, I missed your model year the first time.

The Turbo is a Mk 2 style bumper and will only directly fit on MY2002 and newer 996s. If you want the factory look then you would also need to change out the front fenders and headlights (including some re-wiring).

Another common option is to use the MAShaw after-market turbo-look bumper - it bolts up to the older chassis/fenders with no other work.

Yea I didnt notice that till I started too look at more of the Turbo cars yesterday. Just out of curiousity is there any turbo bumpers out there that will mount up without replacing headlights, fenders, etc? Or are the conversions that are done from the links pretty much the newer 996's?

Thanks for your input!

I like the 98' 911 GT1 style of the headlamps myself... ;) All just a matter of preference I suppose.

800px-911_GT1_Front.jpg

LOL.....thanks for cheering me up! :thumbup: I think all porsches look good period! Just not the na bumpers lol