Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2003 Cayenne S Euro spec with Factory xenons

Is it possible to be anything other than the usual problem of a poor fitting wiring connection, to give the fault front left front right turn lights and also headlamp level adjustment

The headlight appear to level on turning on, the turn lamp bulbs are new, the fuse is fine, i have tried fitting the electrical connector directly to the headlamps also, any suggestions please

I also get an occassional thump when the auto box changes down from 5 to 4 at low speed with a hot engine

Is it worth doing a gearbox fluid and filter change my car has done 100.000 miles, or is it early signs of a valve block swop out

thanks mike

The electrical harness in the fender can fail and also the signal bulb socket part has been updated. The thump downshifting might be normal but I would first check for any fault codes. I'm not a supporter of these lifetime fluids and would personally change the gearbox oil/filter. If you search the site there are loads of info about a DIY fluid exchange.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. I know Portsmouth well just around the corner from you.

• 2 weeks later...

I also get an occassional thump when the auto box changes down from 5 to 4 at low speed with a hot engine

Is it worth doing a gearbox fluid and filter change my car has done 100.000 miles, or is it early signs of a valve block swop out

thanks mike

sounds like it is time to replace the transmission valve body. You may get lucky and flush the transmission, but due to what is clearly a manufacturing defect with the shifter solenoids it will need to be replaced.

A common malady with Cayennes & Tuaregs of your vintage.

Yea, as smellthebeans said, the 2003 to early 2005 Cayennes were known for the shifting issues after a couple of years. Porsche came out with a TSB addressing it with a new Valve body and a new TCU with new software. Some have said the Valve body fix alone was good enough. http://revmaxconvert...ut/shop/09dlate has all of the fixes but I had heard on the Touareg forums that there was a place in the UK that did Valve body rebuilds and improvements too. Remember when you are asking about your transmission to a shop tell them you have a Aisin TR-60SN 09D transmission, which is the same as Touaregs & Q7's. There may be minor clutch differences due to Torque loading between the models though.

Edited by hahnmgh63

Here you go:

The Japanese company AISIN Co., LTD is the manufacturer and developer of the Rear Wheel Drive TR60SN transmission, which is a 6 speed, fully automatic and electronic controlled transmission. Volkswagen engineers were also involved, in conjunction with Aisin, in the development process for their vehicles and Volkswagen gave it the "09D" designation. The TR60SN, 09D transmission is used in a wide variety of applications and engine sizes. As a result, the number of friction plates, and planetary gears (3 or 4 pinion), will vary depending on torque load requirements of the specific vehicle. The TR60SN transmission uses a gear ratio sensitive system, requiring the correct transmission interchange. The TR60-SN is currently used in the Porsche Cayenne, Volkswagen Touareg, and Audi Q7 vehicles. The 09D transmission uses a Lepelletier arrangement, using a simple planetary coupled with a Ravigneaux type, dual planetary. This is the same type of gear set that was used in the FMX. This arrangement makes six forward speeds and reverse possible, with only five clutch packs and one freewheel.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys were right with trans had a new value body fitted, found the guys with the cure they are in Luton Beds £800 plus tax.

the journey was anything other than eventful seems to be a standard porsche feature.

Engine lamp came on twice the trans guys read the codes 2 coil faults could that just be plugs or is it coils all the way.

If any of you guys have telescopes at this rate you might discover a new star in the southern hemishere

thanks -- still not sorted headlamps