Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Removal of PCM 1 Control Unit

Hi there

I'd like to remove my PCM 1 tomorrow to directly attach the Solisto Unit to the CD Changer port. At the moment I still have it in the trunk compartment including an iPod.

Is there anything special I need to look after? I searched the site and all DIY seem to be a bit different to my car:

1. I have cup holders

2. the panel that needs to be pulled forward is one piece from the cigarette lighter up above the airvents

Thanks!

Ronny

I did it last weekend, here are the instructions including pictures:

http://porsche996turboblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/solisto-iphone-mp3-interior.html

Solisto iPhone MP3 Interior Installation

Two years back or so I did a very easy installation of the Solisto device in exchange for the CD Changer in the trunk. Plug and Play. The downside is you cannot attach another device while driving or reboot it when it crashes.

The TomTom Navigation in conjunction with Spotify (or normal MP3 on the device) works really great. Music is turned down automatically when the TomTom lady has to say something, even on/off of the Radio pauses Spotify. Long story short I had to install the Solisto directly at the PCM unit.

1. The toughest part is to get the cover around the PCM off. It is attached with a few hooks. Without tools I read in many forums to push down and pull forward. Depending on the car this might work. I think in my case the cover has never been off so with simple push and pulling it didn't work. To get more grip onto the top part I applied painter tape (to not damage the leather) and on top of it double sided tape. With all fingers on the tape I could pull the cover back, get a grip underneath and carefully pull the cover away.

Tip: apply painter tape to the whole cover so that you don't get any scratches in follow-on work.

IMG_2502.jpg

These are the hinges you need special tools for to pull them down and get the over out.

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

2. The rest is relatively easy. On each side of the PCM unit there is a spring. Push them inside and pull the PCM control unit out. There are no screws or anything, just the two springs in the middle of each side. Cover the car's sensitive areas with a blanket or so to not make any scratches.

3. The plug to look for is 'C' on the diagram. It is made up by three parts: yellow, green and blue. Remove it and take apart the plug. Remove the yellow part and apply it to the Solistor connector. Put it back in and re-attach the PCM unit. There is much space to run the solistor cable down behind the PCM CD Nav unit/ AC Unit. I decided to attach the Solisto with Velcro to the carpet between the cardan shaft and the air vents. There is also space behind the AC control unit. The iPhone cable went up to the telephone console. Done!

pcm1_control.gif

Reference: Porsche PCM1 Pinout

Borrowed from: Link Forum http://cuoresportivo.no

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headunit

Naviunit

Disclaimer: THE PIN OUT CAN BE INCORRECT, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

All information is provided in good faith. Any modification you carry out, you do so at your own risk. No liability is implied or will be accepted. Please ensure that you are qualified to carry out any work detailed on this page and that you take all necessary precautions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plug A

1 - Speed signal

2 - Free

3 - Free

4 - Terminal 30

5 - Terminal 30 for windscreen antenna

6 - Free

7 - Free

8 - Terminal 31

Plug B

1 - Loudspeaker, rear right +

2 - Loudspeaker, rear right -

3 - Loudspeaker, front right +

4 - Loudspeaker, front right -

5 - Loudspeaker, front left +

6 - Loudspeaker, front left -

7 - Loudspeaker, rear left +

8 - Loudspeaker, rear left -

Note Plug B is assigned only if no amplifier is installed.

Plug C

1 - Lineout, rear left

2 - Line out, rear right

3 - AF ground

4 - Line out, front left

5 - Line out, front right

6 - Terminal 30 for amplifier

7 - Control lead for CD changer

8 - Terminal 30 for CD changer

9 - Free

10 - Data lead

11 - Clock lead

12 - Reset lead

13 - Free

14 - Free

15 - Free

16 - Free

17 - Free

18 - CD AF, ground

19 - CD AF, left

20 - CD AF. right

Note Plug C consists of 3 parts.

Pins 1 to 6: yellow housing.

Pins 7 to 2: green housing.

Pins 13 to 20 : blue housing.

Pins 1 to 6 are the loudspeaker outputs to the amplifier. They are assigned only if an amplifier is installed.

Pins 7 to 12 are the control leads for the CD changer.

Pins 18 to 20 are the loudspeaker outputs of the CD changer.

Pins 7 to 20 are assigned only if a CD changer is installed.

D-Antenna lead

E-Fuse

Plug I

1 - Video signal, red

2 - Video signal, green

3 - Free

4 - Free

5 - Free

6 - Terminal 31

7 - Free

8 - Free

9 - Free

10 - Terminal 30 for navigation

11 - Terminal 58 d

12 - Free

13 - Terminal 30

14 - Video signal, blue

15 - Video signal synchronisation

16 - Video signal ground

17 - Free

18 - Free

19 - Terminal31

20 - To combination plug IIIpin 6

21 - From combination plug IIIpin 11

22 - Free

23 - Fuel consumption signal

24 - Speed signal

25 - Free

26 - Terminal 30

Plug II

1 - Diagnosis lead

2 - Terminal 15

3 - Terminal 86 s

4 - Data lead to navigation unit

5 - Free

6 - DSP (amplifier) ground

7 - Handsfree microphone ground

8 - Handset microphone

9 - Handset speaker

10 - Terminal 30, handset

11 - Free