Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

997 GT2 fender well lip

bbywu

Does anyone know if this part is available separately?

Imprinted in the plastic trim are the part numbers

997 504 503 80

997 504 504 80

for the driver and passenger side respectively. A parts catalog search does not identify this part. Does anyone know if it is available separately from the front well assembly?

post-13551-0-16381900-1335161344_thumb.j

• Admin

Sometimes the number on the part are just sub-assembly part numbers - and Porsche does not sell sub-assemblies.

I think what you need is:

997-504-123-01 Left wheel housing liner -- US MSRP $160.90

997-504-124-01 Right wheel housing liner -- US MSRP $160.90

You might also need:

999-073-231-09 Self tapping screw (4.8 x 16) -- US MSRP $0.91 each

999-073-227-09 Self tapping screw (4.8 x 19)-- US MSRP $0.41 each

Sometimes the number on the part are just sub-assembly part numbers - and Porsche does not sell sub-assemblies.

I think what you need is:

997-504-123-01 Left wheel housing liner -- US MSRP $160.90

997-504-124-01 Right wheel housing liner -- US MSRP $160.90

These were the parts I was thinking - the front left and right forward liners. I was hoping to replace just the lip, as I ruin them frequently on the street.

Thanks for the info.

bob

I think it's only the bottom lip of the fender well which has scraped across the road. The fender well itself is okay.

Loren, thank you for your help. For $20, the other part may be the correct one. I think I may order one side and see what arrives.

bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No I had the same problem. I ordered it from sunset Porsche 138.00. You get the whole piece

Just an update - the two part numbers I found are definitely the spoiler lip pieces needed. You do not need to order the entire wheel well cover. Cost $16 each.

997 504 303 80

997 504 304 80

post-13551-0-15124400-1341025499_thumb.p

Edited by bbywu

The part number that is imprinted on the part does not match the actual part number. It was very difficult to find, and it was only after a vendor did an extensive search did I find the part. I still wasn't sure it was correct until it arrived today. In fact, if you look at the online parts catalog on Porsche's website, it is not even listed in the PDF.

Edited by bbywu

Hi Loren - that's exactly what used to find the parts. Someone had suggested the part number, I looked it up on the most current PET system, but it never correlated with a part that could be found on the picture - on the photo you included, it isn't shown on the diagram. Because it was fairly cheap, and I figured that "spoiler" was probably correct.

Thankfully, it is a fairly inexpensive part. I chew through those lips quickly as most roads and driveways here are on very steep inclines. :(

Similar flaps on the 986 Boxster, very inexpensive to replace. Three screws and they drop right off. Easier if you drive up on a ramp or a couple of 2 x 6's to get a screw driver to them, otherwise you'll need a very short screwdriver.