Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just got the car back after ECU tune and springs..

phillipj

Just got my car back.. Installed the H & R springs and the second version of the Promotive ECU tune. Big thanks to my friend Richard Lim for his help and expertise with my car. He's amazing...

The car is now running the "MAFless" tune. It now runs "Speed Density", The idle is smoother and throttle response is quicker.. The car is very fast. Now I have a REAL ECU tune. Huge difference!!!

I can break loose all four wheels in 1st and 2nd.. It really throws you back in the seat... I like it....It's nasty...

The ride is very decent with the lowering springs.. The car looks SOOOO much better without that huge gap between the tires and fenders. Lowered it about an inch. I will get it aligned in two weeks,

Although my friend Richard would like to do more (mods) my wallet is exhausted... For now...

Exhaust and intercoolers will be next...

I'll take pics and post them.....

(Another Turbo post that nobody will respond to :blush: )

That is correct... The MAFS are no longer in use.

Rather that trying to explain it (which I probably can't) here is an article on MAF vs Speed Density... Pros and cons. Although it's not an article specific to Porsche the principles are the same..

http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126:speed-density-sd-vs-mass-air-flow-maf-&catid=34:tuning&Itemid=56

For my ECU tune I have a "MAF less" file. This basically elimanates information from the MAF sensors and the DME does the load calculations... If I want to use the MAF system again I just reload the file and plug the MAF's back in..

An interesting foot note.. The new 991 runs Speed Density and no longer uses the MAF system...

All the best!

Phillip

Edited by phillipj

That is correct... The MAFS are no longer in use.

Rather that trying to explain it (which I probably can't) here is an article on MAF vs Speed Density... Pros and cons. Although it's not an article specific to Porsche the principles are the same..

http://www.pcmforles...uning&Itemid=56

For my ECU tune I have a "MAF less" file. This basically elimanates information from the MAF sensors and the DME does the load calculations... If I want to use the MAF system again I just reload the file and plug the MAF's back in..

An interesting foot note.. The new 991 runs Speed Density and no longer uses the MAF system...

All the best!

Phillip

Whose tune are you using.

Promotive.. I see you have a 997 TT as well. Love to see pictures!!!

Still need to spend time datalogging and send the file to Promotive for more refinements...

Edited by phillipj

You shouldn't be afraid of quality mods. There are no CEL's or any other issues. These engines were made to handle 700hp. (not the clutch though..) The time you can get into trouble is when you buy crap. Evoms, Softronic, Pomotove, BBI, GIAC all good stuff. The great thing about the Promotive is it's very versatile and you get more revisions without paying again. Both Softronic and Promotive use a flash cable so you always have your own original stock file. You can return the car to factory specs in 5 minutes..

It (the ECU flash) really transforms the car..

Edited by phillipj

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I had a GIAC program installed on my 2007 TT and just sold the car two months ago. For the 5 years I owned it and over 19,000 miles, not once did I have any problems and the performance was outstanding.

• 1 month later...