Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hey gang - question about my '08 CGTS. I don't have the CD changer installed, but the bracket is there. I also have the Bose speaker system. Question is, are these vehicles pre-wired for a CD changer or would I have to run the cables to install one? I would think that it's pre-wired since the mount is there and it's got the Bose, but I didn't see any cables laying around back there when I looked yesterday. It's all pretty tight in that storage area. There are some sort of modules mounted and plugged in there (don't know what they are or what they do yet), if anybody knows....? I can take a picture later.

I have a changer I could install from my 2005 CS, but I don't know about the presence of the cabling. I'm pretty sure it's the CDC-4. Thanks for any info.

It is pre wired, its also quite an undertaking. I took mine out and I am guessing you may have to do the same to put it in properly. I have the instructions for removal of the body panels if you need them. Not for the faint of heart. Ever thought of just using an iPod

Thanks for the info guys. I did a search on the changers but couldn't find anything.

I will check the TSB section, hadn't thought of that. If they're pre-wired, why is it such an undertaking? I still haven't been able to check out where those cables are but the mount is definitely there. Hopefully tomorrow - whole family is sick so we will have to see!

Thanks for the info.

My dealer installed one in my '06 Turbo S years ago and said it was the Porsche authorized Ipod system and when I took my glovebox out to track a loose Most connection recently I found the box, it was a older Nav-TV box with a Porsche sticker on it that was peeling off. It works pretty good but has a few glitches so I called Nav-Tv and all of their newer boxed have USB updateable software, mine does not. They were willing to swap boxes for half of the new price ($250 instead of $499) but I'm sticking with what I have for now.

Like others I have installed the Mobridge Bluetooth for Telephone. Most install behind the Glovebox as mudman2 elluded too but I chose to install it at the Most plug in the righ rear where i pulled the OEM CD Changer out. There is power and a Most connection all set up there. The only pain is that you have to run the Microphone to the front but they give you a Microphone with about 8~10' (3meteres) of cable. I ran it up the rear right trim panel and along the (Panoramic) Sunroof and placed it in one of the vents in the overhead sunroof panel so it is unseen, and everyone has said it sounds great on their end of the conversation. I would say that the Glovebox route may be easier, especially if your not needing to remove the OEM CD changer like I did.

Dang! I just ran across the mObridge on Amazon for 700 bucks! That stuff ain't cheap. Don't know what I was expecting, but that surprised me a little. I'll have to look on ebay or something.

If anyone has a used one they'd like to sell, please let me know. Thanks again for the tips, guys.

I don't think I'll be doing the CD changer, either. I'd rather have the flexibility of the mObridge that use the CDs again.

You may want to look into Dension GW-500 and BTA-1500.. gives you iPod, USB sticks, streaming from your phone, Bluetoof for your phone. Whole deal is less then $500. And it's not that hard to install. Make sure you have a PCM 2.1 - the PCM3 doesn't work with it (but I believe it also isn't needed, all that stuff is built in I think..)

I found my Mobridge last year on Amazon for $400 so the price must vary quite a bit depending on the Amazon retailers price. If your not in a hurry and can't find it on Ebay keep checking Amazon every once in a while.

be careful tho. representation in the US changed so there are some older ones around. If you just get the Mobridge you should be OK but if you get the BT version there was a change from analogue Parrot to Digital Parrot. None of the older ones have the digital