Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Ever had one of those days?

Ever had one of those days? Wife ran over something with the Mini...checked the tires last night and this morning. Noticed the tires needed a bit of air, so dragged out the air compressor in the garage and went about bringing it all up to spec. While maneuvering between the cars in the garage and turning I banged the air compressor into the front left fender of the Porshce! My heart skipped a couple of beats! Boy ohh boy did I put a dent in it. I thought 120,000 miles, no door dings and then I do something really stupid like this. My heart dropped and I knew this might not be a good day. It had a pretty good dent, but luckily no paint scrape. Got on the phone to the best body shop around and said I may have the perfect candidate for the paintless dent removal process. They told me to get in touch with the Dent Ranger here locally. Gave him a call and met him at 10:30.

What he did was pure magic! 20 minutes later, no scratches, no dent...all polished out. There must have been tears in my eyes when we inspected the fender and I realized there wasn't a mark or any evidence of that dent whatsoever. This is a brilliant technique, works, and the guy was awesome. My day went from depression to joyful. Highly recommend this to anyone. If you are in the Daytona Beach area...he is the Dent Ranger at the Farmers Market. Image post repair and I would lay a bet that no one could ever tell what happened.

post-56877-0-17863000-1347471363_thumb.j

Thanks! You know how we always have reservations/fears about having repairs done...just wanted to let you know this worked better than I ever thought. I knew I could not just look at that dent forevermore. I blasted out of there, rolled down the windows and listened to that unforgettable flat six siren of an engine snarl on up the hill and away, all the while with the biggest smile on my face. I know we were both really happy and it showed. Happy motoring!

I am very much like you when it comes to living with a dent. in 2005 I had a Phoenix Metallic Yellow M3 coupe with polished chrome and black wheels. My wife cuaght the corner of my workbench in my garage and dent the right front lower croner panel (like 1-1/2" size of a quarter) but scratched the paint too.

I lived in Coral Springs Fl then, so I took it to a Hot Rod shop over in Ft Lauderdale and told the guy I wanted it fixed. The car was 4 months old, he said why not wait until something else happens to it, it is so low you don't notice it. I told him every Sat. when I wash the car, I see it and it drives me up the wall. He did me a real solid, $500. Match it perfict re-did the whole front quarter panel and looked GREAT.

Take care and enjoy the drive!

Thanks VX700. Looks like we are of like mind on both the minor scrapes of life with our cars, and the FabSpeed's. Enjoyed the video posts you put on sport exhausts thread, and since you have them, you know what I mean about the "snarl". Love my FabSpeed exhaust system, just makes that daily drive just that much more thrilling! BTW - to massage that dent only cost me $75. Knowing I wouldn't see that everytime I washed/looked at the car = priceless. You take care and love the drive!