Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Noisy Fuel Pump after LPG Conversion - Buzzing

Well, Im now running on LPG.

But, when I drive the car Im noticing a buzzing noise which I have worked out to be the Fuel Pump, as when I remove fuse No.14 from the fuse box in the bay, the buzzing stops.

Would this likely be due to the LPG conversion? or just coincidence that my FPR or fuel return or pump has a problem?

(The noise is made when running on Petrol, or LPG - whenever the engine is running)

it could be the case that ive never heard it before because I was never really listening.

It sounds like the priming noise, but constantly buzzing rather than just when you start the car.

There is no real 'problem' as such, just a noisy pump, can I live with it or will it die? Also could I just remove the fuse and run on the other pump? or is the pump not up to the job?

Any advice welcome! thanks in advance.

Geraint

Edited by Gerlewis

• Admin

"The returnless fuel supply with two electric fuel pumps and two supply drivensucking jet pumps along with demand-dependant and level dependant activation of the right fuel pump is as on the Cayenne S/Cayenne Turbo. The fuel passes through the returnless fuel supply system (RF) at 58 psi (4 bar) system pressure through the injection valves with sequential injection and through the intake manifold into the combustion chambers of the engine. The Motronic control unit controls injection of the fuel through the injection valves of each cylinder at precisely defined time intervals, which minimizes fuel consumption and pollutant emission even when driving off road. The hot-film air-mass sensor detects the mass of air drawn in depending on air pressure and intake air temperature, thereby achieving the correct mixture composition. The stereo oxygen sensor control ensures that the correct amount of fuel is injected into each cylinder bank to achieve the optimum air/fuel mixture according to the loading of the engine."