Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need 991 Sport Design Wheel p/n

Hello -

May have to replace a front 991 sport design wheel (damaged/cracked), I believe p/n is 991.362.161.32.

The hard part is it is a factory Exclusive black painted wheel. How do I go about ordering this? Is there

a different part number of suffix?....or color code for black?

Thanks!

More info,....part number could also be 991.362.161.32.88Z

That is the part number from the VIN info,....but I'm not sure if the .88Z part is the color code, from Porsche's description it means "bright chrome finish",...which it is certainly not as it is gloss black.

Thanks again,....

Spoke to my dealers parts department, but they were not overly helpful,....they simply quoted the .88Z code but come to find out this is just the

silver version and not the factory black painted version. Manged to find a copy of PET for the 991 but again there is only the 991.362.161.32.88Z

part number listed (silver). Looking at some of the other wheel part numbers (ones that can be painted black also) and there are no part numbers for

these either except for silver.

I'll probably have to find a pretty savy dealer parts guy that may have come across this before, but for now knowing how to order a replacement

factory black painted wheel seems to elude most out there. :(

• 1 month later...

You may consider to contact Suncoast Porsche parts in Sarasota, Florida, or Wheel Enhancement. They might be able to help you. Do you have a specific designated option code for black-painted wheel? If so, it should be included on your option list

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Because it is exclusive, you won't find the suffix in the parts program. Maybe in the tequipment section of PET. However, i have at home the Exclusive 911 personalisation catalogue. So, for wheels painted in black - the option code is XDA.

I could send you pictures from catalogue, but i'm new to forum, and don't know how to.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hey Offroad aehsani is right, just call Suncoast. Only a Porsche dealer can order the wheel. They are great with this stuff. But if the wheel is not cracked, just bent, it can be safely straightened. Rule of thumb is if the defect is not easy to see until you spin the wheel it can be straightened. If the defect is painfully obvious just looking at the wheel it is trashed. There is a gray zone in the middle. A crack always trashes the wheel. I feel your pain. I have black wheels on my C4S. Back then they used crappy paint on the wheels so eventually I had to have them all powder coated. One was bent a little but now you would never know. There are companies that true wheels all over the place.

Another way some people deal with this is by getting a set of less expensive, easier to replace OZ wheels and put the originals in the attic for safe keeping. You can even get center lock wheels now.

Edited by Mijostyn