Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne S TCM/TCU Replacement

I'm dealing with hard 1-2 upshift. I was researching a lot and looks like that is the only option to replace TCM unit.

My TCM 955.618.022.03 has sw S0363, which means that has to be replaced wit newer TCM.

So I was looking this TSB:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=711

According to this TSB I have to replace my TCM with 955.618.022.AX which have SW version 0600.

According to this TSB I also figure out, that I don't need DME update, but just TCM replace.

So my question is, is there any chance that TCM 955.618.022.12, with SW 0602 wil work in my car?

I have option to get this TCM at weary reasonable price, but I don't know if it will work, or what could be a difference.

Thank you for any help.

post-84890-0-98722100-1358097555.jpg

post-84890-0-44224500-1358097574_thumb.j

Edited by gbratk

I there maybe any possibility to update my TCM sw 0363 to updated sw 0600 ? These new unit 955.618.022.AX with AX or BX in the end are coming from Porsche re-manufactured program so I think there is only catch in SW updates.

All I know for sure is when my Tranny control unit was replaced on the 04S I had, they had replaced the transmission under warranty to an 05, they had trouble until they updated software to match on the other systems also

All I know for sure is when my Tranny control unit was replaced on the 04S I had, they had replaced the transmission under warranty to an 05, they had trouble until they updated software to match on the other systems also

I read about your problem on few other forum, so, I'm very happy to get response from you. Do you maybe remember, was your car shift in first if you turn PSM off, before you replace TCM unit?

• 4 months later...

I just looked up my TCM SW version on my cayenne turbo, and it is 0351 which is the original version. I do have an EVOM tune on the car and wondering if I should look into getting the TCM updated, if this would improve transmission shift changes. Does updating the DME with a tune change the SW number as durametric tells me that it is 0135. I have read the TSB regarding the TCM change and my DME SW version is not one that also requires a DME update to change the TCM if I understand it correctly.