Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM 3.0 A2DP Tune2Air Bluetooth

Has anyone tried the ViseeO WMA1000 Tune2Air A2DP bluetooth product with PCM 3.0 connecting to the iPod 30 pin connector? I have an iPhone 5 and tried other 30 pin A2DP bluetooth modules with no success. I have the Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter dongle and the Blackberry remote stereo bluetooth gateway connecting through the Aux, and both work, but the Apple cable is pretty short so I have to keep the phone on the seat, and the music info does not show up on the PCM through the Aux gateway when using the bluetooth gateway.

Ragman

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

So I purchased the Tune2Air WMA1000 and gave it a go, and it delivered exactly what I was hoping it would, A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming from my iPhone 5 with full control and song info from the PCM screen. It connects to the manufacture 30 pin Y cable from Porsche and appears just as if the iPhone is plugged into the 30 pin connector (or a 30 pin to lighting dongle cable adapter for the iPhone 5). I had tried the following options below:

Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth Adapter - Preferred method - connects to manufacture iPod 30 pin Y cable:post-33475-0-92260800-1380666752_thumb.j

Pros:

• Recognizes the Bluetooth adapter as a hard wired iPod device
  • This option worked as expected. I was able to play my music on the iPhone or any streamed music such as Pandora, iHeart, Apple Radio, etc.
  • Seamless Bluetooth phone and A2DP audio streaming, the way PCM 3.0 should have been designed!
  • Displays song information on the PCM screen using the iPod source screenpost-33475-0-12303000-1380666797_thumb.j
  • Control music selections from PCM Screen using the iPod source screen
  • Bluetooth phone connection still works for calls
  • WMA1000 turns off after 5 minutes when car is turned off
  • Automatically connects when the ignition is turned on
  • Music pauses on navigation instructions - from PCM or from phone navigation

Cons:

• Does not charge phone, but I use a USB lighter charger connection with a longer cable so I can place my phone in the accessory tray under the heater control.
  • Audio quality = Average - requires phone device volume to be turned up all the way, and then you need to turn the PCM volume up higher than when using the Radio or CD, resulting in loud blasting when switching between iPod and other sources.
  • It took multiple tries to get it paired with the phone, but once paired it works without a hitch.
  • Non-apple device support - I tried connecting a Droid Razor and although it connected and played music, the song info did not display, but I could use the PCM controls to scan to next song.
  • Cost - $100, but worth it! I tried other less expensive ($15 to $35) A2DP Bluetooth adapters, and although I could pair my phone with the device, the PCM would not recognize anything was attached.

Purchase info: I purchased the WMA1000 from http://www.creativecaraudioshop.com/viseeo-tune2air-wma-1000/. These guys were great with fast shipping.

Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter cable (for iPhone 5) - connects to Porsche supplied iPod Y cable:post-33475-0-79794100-1380666784_thumb.j

Pros:

• This option worked as expected as I was able to play my music on the iPhone or any streamed music such as Pandora, iHeart, Apple Radio, etc.
  • Displays song information on the PCM screen using the iPod source screen
  • Control music selections from PCM Screen using the iPod source screen
  • Charges the phone while connected
  • Bluetooth phone connection still works for calls

Cons:

• Cable not long enough - The adapter cable is only 5 inches long, so I couldn't put the phone in the accessory tray under the heater control where I normally keep it, so I had to put the phone in my lap or on the passenger seat, or deal with it falling between the seats.
  • Audio quality = Average - requires phone device volume to be turned up all the way, and then you need to turn the PCM volume up higher than when using the Radio or CD, resulting in loud blasting when switching between iPod and other sources.
  • Cost = $39

Blackberry Remote Stereo Gateway - Connects to USB port for power and Aux mini stero port:post-33475-0-18357200-1380666768_thumb.j

Pros:

• This option worked as expected as I was able to play my music on the iPhone or any streamed music such as Pandora, iHeart, Apple Radio, etc
  • Bluetooth Streaming so you can place the phone anywhere in the car
  • Bluetooth phone connection still works for calls, even when connected to the Gateway Bluetooth
  • Gateway turns off after 5 minutes when car is turned off
  • Automatically connects when the ignition is turned on

Cons:

• Requires power from the USB port
  • Song information does not display on PCM screen
  • Cannot control music from PCM screen
  • some interference with Phone Bluetooth audio - I was getting crackling during calls
  • Does not charge phone
  • Cost = $80

Conclusion: By far the Tune2Air WMA1000 worked the best and is what I would recommend for PCM 3.0 owners who want to stream audio from Apple devices using Porsche iPod factory installed solution.

ragman...

• 6 years later...