Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

1999 996 with 295/30/18

Note that it also says on (page 3) that the approved wheel offset is 63 mm (not 65 mm) AND "Footnote 3. The wing seam and if necessary the rear spoiler must be reworked on vehicles up to and including M.Y. 2001. See note on page 8."

If i have wheels with an offset of 65 is that going to be an issue?

I do not have a spoiler, wing seam?

Note that it also says on (page 3) that the approved wheel offset is 63 mm (not 65 mm) AND "Footnote 3. The wing seam and if necessary the rear spoiler must be reworked on vehicles up to and including M.Y. 2001. See note on page 8."

• Admin

Most likely 65 mm will be a problem or they would have spec'ed it differently.

In this case their "rear spoiler" means "rear bumper" to you and me. What they say is that it will need to be reworked or rubbing/tire damage may result. Seems like a lot of trouble for 10 mm (less than 1/2 inch) more tire tread width. A 285 is 11.6 inches wide - so a 295 is 12.0 inches wide.

Unless you have the 63ET wheels why would you want to run the 295 rubber?  For the 65ET run the 285 or 265 rubber.

Isn't the lower ET mean that the wheel will stick out more and be more likely to rub? So a 65ET is the better bet here with 295's as opposed to the 63? Assuming the rub concern is on the inside of the wheel and not the outside....

I am having my wheel flanges machined down 5-7mm as we speak for $35 a wheel. So if you are worried about the outside rubbing, that could be your low cost option to get them to fit. If it's the inside, buy a small spacer like the one Porsche puts on certain models.

Forgot to mention that I run 285-30 on my 10" rims......both my Sport Designs and my Carrera Lightweights.  The GT3 has the 11" rim and runs the 295 rubber (just uses a 63ET versus the 65ET).

285's on the same Turbo look 2 rear rim 11".

Ok, now I am confused.  The T2 rims are 10" not 11".  What is you question?

Lesson learned, stuck them on, sticks out an inch, looks rediculous. Anyone need a brand new set of Turbo 2's?

I will be looking to fix this, this week. Loren was right at the tire it is 12inch wide apply that to that on the car, it will function fine, no clearance issues at all, its the overall look that lets you down.