Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

X74 + Sport Techno Wheels

Hi Everyone....1st Post on this board...

I have been lurking around a little before joining and because I have very much enjoyed the technical nature of this forum I have decided to join and maybe one-day help someone out with a technical nature.

My First ever Porsche (996 C2) is currently being constructed and will be delivered around the end of November early Dec.

The query I have is that I am having the X74 option fitted (by dealer) and the car is also going to have the Sport Techno wheels added to it.

Now the rear wheels are 11 x 18' and I was concerned that there may some issue(s) with the tyres rubbing on the body...???? Note that I am getting the standard tyres which Porsche supply with the wheels. (295's)

As far as I can tell by reading the Porsche sales/technical literature - they should fit (with 5mm spacers), but I have some concern due to some other posts which I have read in the past on other boards etc.....

Thanks

Costas - Soon to be Porsche Owner

Hi from Down-Under Australia B)

• 1 month later...

yeah if you have the proper offset you will have no problems the problem will be understeer the x74 is about as good as you can get factory wise other than the gt2/gt3 coil overs and aftermarket coil overs. I would personally get the cheapest stock suspension then do pss9's as the x74 can't match them and the option will about cost the same prob. As for the sport technos, they are pretty heave. the 02 carrera rims even though yes, yes, 10's in the rear are lighter than their same size counterparts. If I were you for the rims I would do a couple different things. with 11's front and 8's make sure 8's not 7.5's front for sure! it will understeer a lot more than stock balance no matter how much negative you give it front etc. Bars will help but still. I would either got 02 stock carrera rims, or go 8.5 front run 235's or a bit bigger but prob just that and 10.5-11 rear with 295's. Get the new pilot sport sp2's, they are supposed to be the best. I just got a set. It's a tought deal but from the sound of things with what you want I would go aftermarket and get better stuff and better performance for the money-