Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Different part #'s for GT3 bumper

There is a 99-01 front gt3 aero I bumper for sale with part # 996 505 983 01. This is different than the part # on the TSB for the same bumper which is 996 505 980 00 G2X. Anyone know what the difference is between the two parts? I included a couple of pics of the part for sale. Thanks

post-3144-1113795715.jpg

post-3144-1113795715.jpg

post-3144-1113795731_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Likely the raw bumper part number before the gel coating. The number itself does not come up in the parts list at all.

My only concern (from looking at the pic ) would be if you want the 3rd radiator cut-out or not. A GT3 bumper has a plug in the center hole that can be removed (see my 3rd radiator DIY) but some of the Aerokit bumpers I have seen do not have the plug and would need to have a hole cut if you wanted a third radiator.

29.jpg

Loren, thanks for the fast reply. I'm not familiar with the gel coating with these parts. So would this bumper need any additional prep work at the bodyshop without the gel coating? Thanks for the heads up on the 3rd radiator cut out. The seller states that this is the factory gt3 bumper.

• Admin

No, it has the gel coat. What I was saying is that I think that is the raw bumper part number and it gets a different part number when it is coated - but the coated part number is usually on a sticker.

Arguably it is a factory GT3 bumper - if you include the Aerokit in that. A "real" mk1 GT3 had a center radiator - so where is the cutout? Don't get me wrong it has a Porsche logo on the back. I think it is an aerokit bumper - which is a GT3 bumper look alike. IF you don't ever want a 3rd radiator then it is a mute point.