Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

MY2000 C4 Owners Manuals

• Admin
Loren,

You just helped me out finding a PDF file for my 2000 C4 Becker stereo receiver.  Thanks so much!  I have a warranty book and an owners manual.  Am I missing a service manual as well?  Should I also have a leather/leatherette case to hold all the books in?  I know this isn't an extremely technical question but you seem to always have the answer.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards, Pat

Yes, what normally comes with the car is the leather case with:

1. Owners Manual

2. Warranty and Customer Information

3. Maintenance

4. CDR220/CD220 (Porsche) Radio Manual (w/ security code).

The Maintenance manual is important because it has all the service tags service actions (history). It also has stickers (for your individual car) for paint color and an options list. If this is missing you might ask your dealer to print-out a service his (by VIN) from the PCNA computers -- they can do this, but you might have to pressure them a little. You can get a MY2000 Maintenance book from My-Porsche.com I think the part number is: WKD-900-023-00 and it is listed at $8.00. The leather case is Folder, Black (Leatherette) WWM-200-700 $62.33 (same web page).

If you need the option tags I don't think you can order them -- instead you might want to order a "Certificate of Authenticity". You can download a PDF form to fill in and fax back here.

I think the price has gone up (it was $35 when I got mine two years ago). I personally think it is good to have one of these to prove the options/original paint etc. if you ever sell the car. It will also show the original list price.

• Moderators

I have always been told you cannot order an option sticker. When my front trunk lid was replaced I made sure the body shop removed the sticker and put it on the new lid.

Then a short time ago I was talking to the guys in the parts department and the manager was there. He said there is a special form for ordering a sticker, but it is not known to the general public. Jeff