Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Step 1 - Remove small carpeted trim piece from side of center console by PCM (Beside PCM) Using Torx wrench size T-30

Step 2 - Remove two leather side trim pieces using Torx wrench size T-20

Step 3 - Using 5mm Allen wrench turn four (two each side) black hex locks 1/4 - 1/2 turn (CCW, I think) to unlatch side locks. Do not force these. They turn very easily in the correct direction. Open glove box on passenger side to access these latches.

Step 4 - Carefully slide out PCM

Telephone Mute is Pin #3 on Black Plug A

+12 VDC is Pin #4 on same plug

-Ground is Pin #8 on same plug

Reassemble by reversing these steps.

No problem. For a bit of additional info, the +12 VDC wire is Red/Green, the -Ground wire is Brown. No wire is attached at Pin #3. I got a female "pin" from a local auto audio place from their European car parts bone-yard. The White lead at Pin #5 is for the antenna.

• 2 weeks later...
I turned the 4 Hex locks on the pcm. The PCM will not slide out. are their any screws that  :help: have to be removed to slide out the PCM. please help.

Yeah theres a 7mm hex head screw on the passenger side that you need to back out to remove the radio.

Edited by PTEC

• 1 month later...

I'm considering removing my PCM to have it "altered" into a touch screen to also control a computer.

Does anyone have pictures of the PCM and the area behind it?

If the PCM is removed, what's the "impact" on the car? Does anything have to be disabled? Has anyone done this to say install another stereo instead?

Also, does anyone know how much a replacement would be in case it gets messed up?

Thanks!

Edited by juan9999

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering removing my PCM to have it "altered" into a touch screen to also control a computer.

If the PCM is removed, what's the "impact" on the car?  Does anything have to be disabled?  Has anyone done this to say install another stereo instead?

Also, does anyone know how much a replacement would be in case it gets messed up?

Thanks!

The PCM Lists for around 2,000.00. If you remove pcm you will not have navagation. Also PCM controls Sport Chrono Package. the PCM controls Porsche computer. The PCM is wired with MOST Bus System. You can not add a after market radio to this system you would have to rewire the whole audio system. :eek:

• 2 years later...

I am trying to remove the PCM on a 2007 997 C2. I removed everything as per the instructions including the silver screw on the passenger side. I cannot get the radio to slide out. Does anybody know if there is another screw or I am missing something?

I am trying to hardwire an FM modulator, and need to get to the antenna.

Thanks!

If the PCM is removed, what's the "impact" on the car? Does anything have to be disabled? Has anyone done this to say install another stereo instead?

Thanks!

I have my Dension 500 unit (Ipod connection) installed in the space behind the PCM unit. There is plenty of room back there and I did not have to put a hole in the firewall to get the wiring to the unit. I was also able to put the Ipod in the glove compartment and run the cable to it from the Dension unit.

Edited by Westlake Ed

• 4 years later...

I am trying to remove the PCM on a 2007 997 C2. I removed everything as per the instructions including the silver screw on the passenger side. I cannot get the radio to slide out. Does anybody know if there is another screw or I am missing something?

I am trying to hardwire an FM modulator, and need to get to the antenna.

Thanks!

i feel your pain i have followed all intructions still wont slide out , even broke a couple od clips , let me know if you had better luck

• 3 weeks later...

louie007, I'm having exactly the same problem...no matter how I turn the two Allen wrench cams on each side of the PCM unit, I can't get it to budge the slightest bit. And I've loosened that passenger-side screw too...anyone figure this out? Thanks in advance!

• 6 years later...

Good day, I am struggling with the last Hex locks the upper L on the picture, where the space is not that much and u can not see where it is...I tried for some time and I am exausted and scared to blow something..any tips or tricks?

IMG_6088.jpg