Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Having fixed so many thing since buying this CTT there still remains weird running. 

If cold the car runs good no stutter but as soon as it's warmed up it misfires through 1k-3k rpm and then clears to redline nicely. 

After replacing bank1 precat lambda sensor I'm now happy with the graph data from the lambda sensors. 

So this doesn't look like a lambda sensor open loop vs closed loop situation causing the misfire when warm. 

The car is very temperamental for no apparent reason. But if I do the throttle body reset (key on pedal down for 5 second, key off, then key on wait for 60secs the key off, then start engine it really does change how the car behaves!

The stuuter kangaroo is still there but much less and throttle response is back to something expected. 

To accompany this temperamental performance is a high pitched whine from the throttle body/ inlet manifold area and jerky peaky gear shifts. 

The DC motor controlling the throttle butterfly can cause problems I've read, I checked the potentiometer readings and plotted on graph and they look fine no jumps or gaps in the resistance reading of the opposing scales. Did the adaption also it works fine and has adapt value of 11 when finished. Is 11 correct or a high value?

I'm considering removing the throttle body and stripping it down but it's a delicate piece of equipment and I don't want to bugger it up. 

Any advice diy or repairs anyone has done to fix their throttle body??

10 hours ago, Ddavidoff said:

Buy a new one and replace it. I think they are only about 175.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point I didn't think to check the cost and assumed it would be mega money but alas it's not that expensive. Will check my local Bosch distributor if they have one. EBay one is only  £63. 

Thanks