Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Loren...

I just did the garage door mod. Everything works just fine and the switch now raises and lowers my garage door...

I want to bring power to light the switch. The two end connectors on the five connector switch are to be connected to the window end connectors.

My problem is that I don't know where to connect them to because the light switch connector really doesn't leave much room to tap into...any ideas about how to do this or bring power from another location...

Thx...

Jim

The mod: http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur29

Edited by JimPDX

Did you read the note in step 3 about lighting up the switch? Did you try that?

The only power close is the window switches as the ashtray light only comes on with the headlights.

Thx Loren...

Yes I did try connecting to the window switch but can't make the attachment because the switch connector (white/black) is such a tight fit.

Thx...

Jim

Edited by JimPDX

• 4 months later...

I just did a garage door opener for my 02' C4 .. piece of cake!

I used the oval opening beside the headlight dial on the drivers side.

Pried out the oval cover, trimmed down some of the plastic in the back. Drilled two 1/4" holes in it. Bought a push button switch and an LED from radio shack. Took apart my garage door opener and took the circuit board out. Wired the button switch and the LED to the board.. Wrapped it in electrical tape, stuffed it in the hole, and clipped the oval cover back in place!

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas on the board...

Mike