Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi,  I just purchased a 2015 Diesel Cayenne last night.  On the way home the passenger side foot well started leaking water big time.  I googled and  maybe the drain tube is plugged?  So, this morning I took off the passenger wheel well cover and checked , but nothing plugged up that I could find.  Put it together and ran it with A/C on super cold for about 10 minutes, and it started to leak again.    I took the panel off the bottom of the dash under the glove box and there is a rubber valve that is open to the cabin, that is maybe a drain to the outside world as well?  This appears to be where the water is coming from. Condensation for the AC?  Any ideas on a fix?  The rubber "valve does not really close"  but just tucks in a bit.  Very sad. 

Almost definitely a clogged AC evaporator drain--I've had this occur on my 2011 Turbo as well.

Loosen the spring clamp holding the rubber drain boot onto the evaporator and be ready for some water as you disconnect the boot from the evaporator.

Once the evaporator drains, blow compressed air into the boot and through the firewall--this should free your clog.

While you're down there, you might want to change out your cabin air filter--actually, anytime I replace my cabin air filter, I now blow compressed air through the drain as a preventative measure.

There should be no valve to the inside of the cabin. The rubber drain tube mounts to the drain and there is a tab that helps pull it on. Once you remove the bastard clamp on it - you may be tempted to throw it away (the clamp), I wouldn't discourage you from doing this. It's only there to keep people from sticking their toes up under the panel under the dash and pushing it free. My '11 has the clamp, my '06 did not - and it never came loose.

What I'd suggest for the drain hose - disconnect it from the HVAC box (with a broiler pan under it to catch the quart or so of water that's going to pour out) - then give it a big-*** (tech term) tug inwards toward the cabin. It will pop out of the firewall. It can then be really cleaned and you can cut off the flapper on the end of it that is the cause of the thing plugging up to begin with. Plan on replacing the cabin filter - the bottom 2" of it will be water soaked. Most big-box car parts stores carry a suitable replacement, the brand isn't critical - fit is.  There are write-ups on doing this whole job with pics over on the Cayenne DIY forum at rennlist.