Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I got the same code today.  From my research, looks like the Leak Detection Module is throwing the code.  How do you test if the Leak Detection Module is actually faulty or is something else causing the Leak Detection Module to throw the code?  

Is there a DIY to replace the module on a 997.2?  

I cleared the code for now and hope that it does not return.  

Any info will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, VicL said:

I got the same code today.  From my research, looks like the Leak Detection Module is throwing the code.  How do you test if the Leak Detection Module is actually faulty or is something else causing the Leak Detection Module to throw the code?  

Is there a DIY to replace the module on a 997.2?  

I cleared the code for now and hope that it does not return.  

Any info will be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks!

As noted above, P1484 is an indication of high pressure in the EVAP system, an indication that the EVAP system is not working correctly; it does not necessarily mean you should change out a $300+ module until you have determined that it is actually bad.  The EVAP system is supposed to get rid of excess fuel vapor into the intake system to burn it off, the leak detection module periodically tests the EVAP system to make sure it is not leaking.  The code indicates that the EVAP system pressure is too high, which may be the module, but often is not.

The normal way of testing the module is with a smoke test unit to make sure it is closed when it is supposed to be.  The attached is the function diagram for the same module on a BMW; as they all work the same way, this should help you understand how this unit functions:

How the leak detection module functions

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I first replaced my filler cap since it was the cheapest part.  Code came back.  I then replaced the Leak Detection Pump with this OEM Bosch for $63.58.  2 tanks of gas and code has not come back.  The OEM Bosch was exactly the same as the one with that came on the car.  Plug and play.  The hardest part of the replacement was removing the vapor canister cover. 

WWW.PARTSGEEK.COM

Buy a 2009 Porsche 911 Leak Detection Pump at discount prices. Choose top quality brands Bosch, Dorman, Genuine.

• 2 years later...

Can anyone tell me what type of connectors are used for the 2 tubes that connect into the bottom of the EVAP cannister? Trying to replace my pump and looks like easiest route would be to take cannister completely out. I can barely see these connectors so I don't want to damage them by not knowing how they disconnect. Threaded? Quick disconnect? Half turn? 

Thanks,