Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

In my recent post my 04 Cayenne rear tail lights, brake lights (including center brake lamp) and backup lights stay on after key is removed, and the liftgate soft close actuator continues to operate (powered on). The remote Key Fobs do not operate the door locks. I removed the carpet on the left and right passenger floor and repaired the wiring as described in other Post.  

Using the Durametric Diagnostic Version 6.5.5.9 I get many Fault Codes. In particular, ones relating to the  Vehicle Electrical System;  Fault Codes: 185-Relay to Terminal 15 (activation) Open circuit/short circuit to ground;  576-Terminal 15; Code1330-Rear Convenience System Control Module; Code 1517-Trailer Hitch Control Module(AHK); Code 907-Load Management Operation on Vehicle Electrical System.

Due to All Rear lights staying on, it appears that some relay or Module is keeping the power supply to the rear lights with the key removed. I removed the wiring from the brake lamp switch,  All Rear Lights stay on. Removed Relay "433" under the seat, All Rear lights stay on. 

Additionally, when the vehicle is running the following message is displayed "Warning Brake Proportioning", brake light in the dash flashes. The Shifter cannot be taken out of "Park".  

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edited by TIMOTHY D'ALESSANDRI
wrong signal code

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Has anybody figured this out??? I'm sure hoping Timothy can help a lady out that's having same problems 5 years later!  I can drive but brake lights are constant on so no perception of me using brakes plus the fact that the glass hatch nor the tailgate will even latch so they could just be floppin;!  It started I was sitting in my car key in ignition but not on finishing up some work on my phone waiting for the rain to die down a little when all of a sudden there is a blaring solid horn sound ( doesn't sound like anything I've ever made happen) and that last for about 3-5 minutes then stops.  I turned the car on drove a bit before it stopped but it didn't immobolize so I then got out of car and went inside until my neighbors informed me that my lights were on and boy were they on the whole rear end!  HHHEEEELLLLPPPPPP Am I chasing a wire or the rear BCM? Or something else??