Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My passenger side high horn isn't working.  I replaced it with a new one and still no luck.  the connections and fuse look good and the low side is working.  any suggestions on what the issue might be?

Rod

2010 Panamera 4S

• 5 months later...

My horns are intermittent, one day works, the next doesn’t.

Had one horn replaced once and it didn’t help.

I’m at 95k miles and thats been my only issue. I’ve learned to live with it.

2012 Base Panamera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Porsche mechanic checked them when they reinstalled one of them. It worked for about two days.

It must be the wiring, I will check that myself. Thank you very much!

The steering wheel has not been off to my knowledge. I bought the car with 30k on it.

When I hit my lock button the horn sounds perfectly, not sure if that’s within the same system or not.

:welcomeani:

Did you test both horns when you did the replacement? The should always work when you apply 12 VDC to them.
Did you check the wiring to the horns?

1241332609_hornsharness.thumb.png.543f4c1a04603c7add471eddfe08e8ce.png

Any steering wheel noises? Has the steering wheel been off before?

Thanks, I sort of assumed it was a different horn.

I will take you advice and change them out. I don’t like the sound of the factory horn anyway.

Thanks again for your help!

The alarm/locking horn is a different horn.

The front horns are cheap horns (on all Porsches)  - which is why I suggest testing them off the car with 12 VDC.
I replaced mine with electric air horns.

• 5 months later...

So we had the horns go silent in ours.  Turns out replacement horns have swapped polarity.  If you just plug them in they will not work.  (The connection only fits one way).  I’ve been trying to pull the pins out to no avail to just swap them, instead of splicing in new connectors, 970-612-935-00 (Qty 1).  I’m not good at soldering...

Solution found.  👍

Read on from here:

WWW.6SPEEDONLINE.COM

Panamera - Weird issues with horn on 2011 Panamera 4 - I've had some weird issues with the horns on my 2011 Panamera since I bought it last July. When I first got it, the horn fuse (#48 I believe in the passenger side dash) was blown. I replaced it, and the horn worked for a while, though it seemed...

• 4 months later...

Same issue on a 2011 Panamera Turbo... no horn at all.

Can’t seem to find much documentation on this issue - nothing on the horn relay, or the correct part or location - despite checking those located under the hood and battery locations; nothing under my passenger seat. all the fuses are good.

Have to remove bumper and verify that the horns are dead, but what are the chances both died at the same time. The wiring harness appears to be good based on the other features functioning properly (e.g., ACC, Parking sensors).

any further suggestions, links or images would be greatly appreciated