Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sensors-Fault Codes

I have a 2001 996TT.  Anyone else have any problems with sensor failures (MAF-mass air flow sensor, boost pressure sensor, etc.).  Causes boost pressure loss until you key off and key on.

Not that specific issue....sorry.

But I was drawn to your post because I also have an 01 and recently replaced the bank2 O2 sensor (upstream, before the cat).........now today I'm getting PO175, PO155, and PO172 (in that order of priority).

I'm not seeing any of those on the Renntechs OBD list but the generic meaning on those is too rich on bank1, the O2 heater circut bank2 sensor 1, and then system too rich bank2.

I'm probably going to reset and fill up at a dif filling station.......see if they pop up again.........other advice welcome & appreciated.

• 2 months later...
I have a 2001 996TT.  Anyone else have any problems with sensor failures (MAF-mass air flow sensor, boost pressure sensor, etc.).  Causes boost pressure loss until you key off and key on.

But I was drawn to your post because I also have an 01 and recently replaced the bank2 O2 sensor (upstream, before the cat).........now today I'm getting PO175, PO155, and PO172 (in that order of priority).

I'm not seeing any of those on the Renntechs OBD list but the generic meaning on those is too rich on bank1, the O2 heater circut bank2 sensor 1, and then system too rich bank2.

I'm probably going to reset and fill up at a dif filling station.......see if they pop up again.........other advice welcome & appreciated.

It has been a while since you posted this, what finally happened?

OK.......Jury is still out, but with some other repairs finished on my car this week she will be back on the road for more testing........I may have it licked.

Folowing other threads other boards I opted for replacing the MAF with the 986........so far she has not re-tripped.

See, following my post above it settled down to 175 & 172 coming on same time, every time......always in idle.........she was running just a tad rich in idle......but on both sides........and that tends to narrow things down a bit.

Not sure I mentioned before.........my car is approx a stage 3.........in 4 yrs this is 1st probem I've had, however we've remapped the ECU twice since 1st major engine mods......last program went on last spring.....been running very good.

Only about 40 miles on the car since I put the 986 MAF in..........aask me again in a couple ofd weeks :)

If this does not get it.......my tuner will be coming up with a tweek (hopefully) that opens the acceptable range a tad in idle.

It has been a while since you posted this, what finally happened?