Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Is there a dead pedal/plate on Cayenne S and/or Turbo models available to retrofit to the V-6? My plastic floorboard is getting pretty scuzzy and certainly won't hold up over time.

TIA- Bob

Added 4/26/06: I've replaced all pedals, see message below

Edited by bobgollihur

Yes, I also bought the "Cayenne S and Turbo Factory Pedal Set" for my 6, which is what motivated me to ask the question. I somehow envisioned that the S and Turbo might have come with a matching dead pedal rather than a dirt-prone piece of plastic on the floor. Looks like Rennline has done a nice job, but figured if Porsche already made one...

Of course, the fact that Rennline has made one may answer that question. Just curious what the S and Turbo has as a left foot rest.

I'm one of the lucky Cayenne owners who has taken his car to the dealer only once since he bought it 15 months ago, so I haven't had a chance to spy on other Cayennes.

Unfortunately we're stuck with the same plastic/carpet. I have the beige interior and that REALLY shows the dirt. The Rennline cover solved that problem. I didn't even drill it into place like they recommended, I just slid it under the plastic side panel and used velcro on the back.

I also got a matching cover for the parking brake from this guy.

http://www.tm-techmark.com/touareg/deadpedal.htm

He also makes a dead pedal cover but I liked the Rennline one better.

Edited by basaltnpepper

Unfortunately we're stuck with the same plastic/carpet.  I have the beige interior and that REALLY shows the dirt.  The Rennline cover solved that problem.  I didn't even drill it into place like they recommended, I just slid it under the plastic side panel and used velcro on the back.

I also got a matching cover for the parking brake from this guy.

http://www.tm-techmark.com/touareg/deadpedal.htm

He also makes a dead pedal cover but I liked the Rennline one better.

these guys http://www.ultimatepedals.com made on for my V6 with a porsche logo on it Frosted finish and only for 120.00 very cool and holds you in even better.

Edited by Cayenne|17

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered the Rennline dead pedal a week ago- my son just installed it today and surprised me when I got home from work. Reasonably easy to install and looks and feels very good. Not cheap, but it is not a cheap piece either... you get what you pay for...

• 9 months later...

FYI, my search for a dead pedal resulted in a full replacement with aluminum, and at a very reasonable price. I had seen a four piece set of aluminum pedals on eBay, and the price recently dropped so I snagged them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT I'm sure they'll put some more up, and they do have them at their store at http://www.luxwheelsandaccessories.com/Mer...Category_Code=C though the shipping is higher with a direct purchase.

post-1357-1146076566_thumb.jpg

Comments: So far, so good, quality looks ok, there were some minor installation issues. First, the brake pedal curvature does not match up perfectly with my '04 Cayenne pedal, but it was close enough to do the job. The remaining pedals fit was ok, though the brake release is also not a perfect fit, but that's no biggie.

A pack of black bolts, split washers, and nuts is included, but they are not sufficient to mount the pedals. The screw locations designated on the pedals can hit a place where the brackets are located in a couple cases, so the bolts are too short. The accelerator is plastic with a honeycombed construction, so it also requires more lengthy bolts (not by much), and a second, larger washer can be a good idea. But in the grand scheme of things, it's no big thang.

They provide black double faced adhesive pads to mount the dead pedal plate -- I elected to use four short stainless steel screws, which seem to have a good hold in the plastic/carpet section beneath it. We'll see.

In any case, they look very sharp, and I'm happy to finally have something in place of the perpetually dirty Porsche plastic rectangle.

I have one of those cheap V6 models (as if $52k were cheap) and my car came with only rubber covered pedals and I'd love to replace them all with some nice aluminum pedals.

The aforementioned ones that were installed by his son looks good, but I want a set that actually fits well with little modification.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I have one of those cheap V6 models (as if $52k were cheap) and my car came with only rubber covered pedals and I'd love to replace them all with some nice aluminum pedals.

The aforementioned ones that were installed by his son looks good, but I want a set that actually fits well with little modification.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Don't let my comments above scare you off, I just wanted to be very precise regarding their fit. The "mod" consisted of me going around the corner to the local hardware store and checking their aisle with all the nuts and bolts in little drawers. I spent about $2 on two sets of slightly longer stainless steel longer bolts, nuts, and washers, and four ss screws. Installation, in total, took about 15 minutes. I've since driven with them and they are very solid and I don't expect any problems with them.

I also have a V6 and originally replaced the two stock pedals with the nicer looking rubber ones like here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-CAY...sspagenameZWDVW They are fine and if I could have found a reasonably priced dead pedal to exactly match I would have stuck with them.