Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Headlight adjustment

Hi guys , just bought new Litronic headlights from suncoast. I just installed and tried adjusting the lights and found that the driver side headlight cannot be adjusted. When trying to adjust vertically and laterally when the lights are on the indicator bar does not move when trying to get to zero on the measurement bar. Basically. Nothing happens when turning the adjustments sockets. Does this mean there is a defect in the headlight or do I need to try and remove the headlight for adjustments? Gonna suck if I have to return the lights and have to wait for the replacement as they came from Germany .

• Moderators
5 hours ago, moosey said:

Hi guys , just bought new Litronic headlights from suncoast. I just installed and tried adjusting the lights and found that the driver side headlight cannot be adjusted. When trying to adjust vertically and laterally when the lights are on the indicator bar does not move when trying to get to zero on the measurement bar. Basically. Nothing happens when turning the adjustments sockets. Does this mean there is a defect in the headlight or do I need to try and remove the headlight for adjustments? Gonna suck if I have to return the lights and have to wait for the replacement as they came from Germany .

First of all, you should have bought the light from board sponsor Sunset Porsche instead of Suncoast. :huh:

Most likely, the internal assembly has become dislodged from its pivot points during shipping.  While some have been able to get it back into position, as you just bought it, I would return it.

1 hour ago, JFP in PA said:

First of all, you should have bought the light from board sponsor Sunset Porsche instead of Suncoast. :huh:

Most likely, the internal assembly has become dislodged from its pivot points during shipping.  While some have been able to get it back into position, as you just bought it, I would return it.

JFP is there anyway to open them up to fix them. Gonna take a long while to get a replacement:   This is what the dealer emailed me which I’ve never heard of before

From what I understand, Porsche dealers have to hook up there computer to your cars PCM to program and test the headlamps for movement depending on the year. The only thing I can suggest is bringing it to your local Porsche dealer. They have the necessary tools to fix those types of problems.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, moosey said:

JFP is there anyway to open them up to fix them. Gonna take a long while to get a replacement:   This is what the dealer emailed me which I’ve never heard of before

From what I understand, Porsche dealers have to hook up there computer to your cars PCM to program and test the headlamps for movement depending on the year. The only thing I can suggest is bringing it to your local Porsche dealer. They have the necessary tools to fix those types of problems.

He is referring to the headlight activation test, which can be done with the PIWIS or Durametric Pro software, which will put the headlights thru their movement paces.  But if your light is off its gimbal, it would not move during this test, which would just confirm that the light is jammed.

I have read about people fixing this problem, but have not done it myself, so I would suggest searching or perhaps another poster can chime in.  This may help as well:  http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/60449-litronic-headlight-repair.html