Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need help to try and fix stupidity

So, I bought a batch of batteries to change out in some cars since I am all out of other projects. The 2008 Cayman (base) was the last one and I stupidly, installed in backwards, having taken the old battery out for the core chg. My excuse is that the other two had the negative post on the left...

Anyway, I started to attach the pos cable and yanked it as soon as I realized what I had done. I was pretty much scared *****less knowing this is a computerized car. After reinstalling the battery correctly, I started the car, no problems except that it had to re-learn some things and the radio was dead. I drove the car about 10 miles to make sure everything was OK and it seemed to be. I assumed I fried the fuse to the radio (stock) but did not realize the fuse is on the rear of the radio frame. So, I started pulling fuses looking for the radio fuse and to make sure I didn't blow anything else. After finding all fuses intact I realized the radio fuse was not on the panel. I then tried to re-start the car but every single fault alert lit up, brakes, ABS, PSM, etc. and the cooling fan for the front rad came on, I'm sure because an overheat fault was registered. No crank of course.

If I damaged the ECU or sensors, why did the car start and run perfectly? I am *sure* I replaced all the fuses correctly when I went through them and double checked them all a second time. I found the fuse diagram on the web and it looks like I DID replace them all properly. I feel as though I am missing something that should be obvious. Before I flatbed it to a shop I want to feel like I'm not blind to something I should be seeing. Photo of my fuse panel below, in case someone can point out that I mis-placed a fuse. 2008 Base Cayman, Manual, CDR24 stereo

Thanks if anyone can help or has advice. Darwin

20200417_183536.thumb.jpg.0c3da907a91738616e0b7cdd00ef3413.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome to RennTech:welcomeani:

Most likely you have fried some components, particularly the voltage regulator. These vehicles do not like having polarity reversed.  You need to get the vehicle scanned with a Porsche specific tool to see what has happened.