Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Exhaust hardware help please

I've been trying to find the carriage bolts that secure the exhaust tips to the exhaust pipes. I had to cut them off because the nuts were rusted on.

They are not your usual carriage bolts. The heads are smaller and the square part under the head is very shallow(this is important).

There is a square cutout in the exhaust pipe that holds the bolt fast while you tighten the nut from the underside.

I was at Suncoast Parts over the winter and they didn't have availability, they were thinking maybe they came with the tips if you were to buy them.

The exhaust tips I've seen on the parts lists I've checked all have an exhaust piece coming off of it and they get attached with a clamp.

My mufflers are aftermarkets that the PO put on so I thought that maybe the tips came off of another model, but the part number is 996 111 053 02. It does not look like it was modified.

Any ideas why these tips are different than the parts list and why Suncoast can't find them?

I thought about calling some Porsche dismantlers but I'll likely run into the same problem and if they do have them, they'll probably be rusty, but I'd take them.

Bolt .jpg

Tip 1.jpg

Tip 2.jpg

Yeah, I'm trying to reach out to the PO to get some info on the aftermarket exhaust.

Although I have seen tips for sale on Ebay with the bolts I'm looking for attached.

If my tips were modified(exhaust tail cut off) someone did a hell of a job. It was cut off deep into the tip. See pic.

Thanks JFP.

ex1.jpg