Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Coding VIN into modules 2017 Macan S

Long story short, my local dealer accidentally coded the incorrect VIN into all the modules in my Macan, including DME and TCM. Supposedly this is not possible but they did it and I have cast iron proof. (I now have 2 DME's with the same incorrect VIN and scanner screenshots showing the correct VIN in my vehicle).

They refuse point blank to rectify this and state it is not possible to change the VIN, they can only to replace every module in my vehicle at my expense. (This is not viable, the car would be mechanically totaled by the bill.) Better Business Bureau and Bureau of Automotive Repairs were toothless and the dealer just ignored them.

So, onto solutions, what is my most cost effective way to get the correct VIN coded back to my car? I have PIWIS 2 and PIWIS 3 clones, but they are only able to change the VIN on some of the modules. I am unable to change the VIN on the DME, TCM, PCM, Front Camera, Airbag, Amplifier, Steering Wheel electronics and a couple of others.

Are there companies that can reprogram these on the bench, or via OBD? Is there a dealer or R&D engineering process for recoding the VIN on these modules that I could access somehow?

This needs to be corrected, as the vehicle will never be able to pass smog in the future as the VIN in the car does not match the VIN on the registration. It also appears to be a stolen vehicle now if anyone checks.